Genes Reunited ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genes Reunited ?

What happens to my tree when I stop subscribing? can I still see it,or can others see it,can anyone tell me please.
    regards Patti

*******always searching*********
    for Bracey.Speck.Gusterson.Taylor.Livermore.

Patti

The only thing which changes when you stop suscribing to GR is:

You cannot post to the boards.

You cannot initiate a contact.

Everything else stays the same - paying members can contact you and you can reply to them. Your tree stays on there for eternity unless you remove it and you can still give paying members permission to see it.

OC

Comment

Oh thank you,I have had a really good year with it,and cant see it going anywhere now,so thought I would have a break,but I would like to see the tree,so thats good.
      regards Patti

*******always searching*********
      for Bracey.Speck.Gusterson.Taylor.Livermore.

Comment

I've also heard, although I don't know how true, that even if you remove your tree it doesnt take the names away from the searches

Can't remember where I heard that though :D Just remember someone saying it
        With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Shaz

I think it does remove names from the searches, but it doesn't remove the names from the GR database, thus enabling them to say that they have details of fifty billion ancestors! You just can't access most of them, that's all!

OC

Comment

Think they may have modified that recently.

Used to get loads of hot matches but I clicked on it said the person had removed the info.

Recently don't seem to have had any of those - coincidence perhaps!!!

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

You also cannot see any contacts tree either, only your own.
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post

Used to get loads of hot matches but I clicked on it said the person had removed the info.
                I think that happens when the other person looks at their hot matches first and discards the match, not because they've removed the person from their tree.

Comment

Thanks Mary

I used to get so annoyed as everyone of the hot matches usually had that message - now don't seem to get them thankfully.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                    You also cannot see any contacts tree either, only your own.
                    I'm sure I could view those contact trees before :(

Have they taken this facility away recently
                    Alison

Researching:
                    CAVE, CUCKOW/COSHOW, DAKIN, GILBERT, GINN, HUXLEY, LEATT, LETTEN, PATTERSON, PERRY, PORTER, SOMMERVILLE, WEEDON, WHITING
                    http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=1025
                    http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=2650

Comment

Originally posted by allie island View Post
                      I'm sure I could view those contact trees before :(

Have they taken this facility away recently
                      No Allie its always been the same.
                      Full Members can initiate contact, view other peoples trees and let them see their own.

Non paying members can not initiate contact but can reply if someone contacts them. They can also open their tree to people but can't view another persons tree even if its open to them.
                      With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Yes, sorry, that's right...you cannot view someone else's tree even when they give you permission.

That isn't a problem for me - I don't want to see anyone else's tree. I prefer to establish the facts via emails.

OC

Comment

Working...
                        X