wouldnt it be good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wouldnt it be good

If the GRO had an extra service to tell you that another person had ordered a copy of the certificate you are ordering...lol;)

They would have to up the price of copy certs to cover the huge loss in revenue!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
      If the GRO had an extra service to tell you that another person had ordered a copy of the certificate you are ordering...lol;)
      Probably not, because the Privacy Laws probably wouldn't let them tell you who or how to contact them....not for 70 years or so! LOL!:D

Comment

it was just a thought!!!!!LOL

only because I have made a contact with an 81 year old. His grandmother is sister to my great grandfather and I recenlty ordered at least 2 certificates along the line thats connected. i.e his great grandparents etc. Not heard back from him since his 81st birthday on Wednesday so hope he doesnt waste any money ordering the same ones as they dont give a lot of details and I am willing to show him mine.

Comment

It would be a great idea from a family history point of view.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

My pet local registrar did tell me once that someone else had ordered the same cert as me. She knew the person socially and said she would put us in touch if he agreed.

We did in fact correspond for a while but it eventually fizzled out.

OC

Comment

Ashbourne registrar rang me once and told me that she had sent out the same cert I had ordered only 2 days previously.
              She asked if I wanted her to put us in touch with each other.
              I said yes, and she gave the other person my phone number with my permission.

Can't ever see the GRO doing it though.

Comment

If the entry is on FreeBMD then you can add a "Postem" with your contact details on if you want people looking for the same cert to contact you.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

There's also this site, which iI'm sure is very under used, I keep forgetting to check it before I order, and still haven't got on mine on there.

BMDshare.com Home Page
                  Mavis
                  Dust is a noun, never a verb;)

Comment

I had forgotten about the postem on freebmd. I did put one on there and started getting a lot of spam . Maybe a coincidence but as its open to all and sundry I didnt bother with anymore after that.

Comment

Working...
                    X