Your Computer performanc is still at low level message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Computer performanc is still at low level message

Your PC performance and stability can be injured now. It is strongly recommended to optimise your pc performance.

I keep getting this message from Windows IE.
    When I try to find an Optimiser freedownload all it does is analyse my system and tells me I need to buy the product to do it.:(
    Is this a scam?
    I regularly use PC registry cleaner, and CCleaner and I have a good firewall and avg.

I'm a bit worried. Just lately I get the message re computer has to close now as it has encountered an error but it does not close me down immediately like it used to do. i can carry on ...weird.

Anyone know what is happening here please.
    I am daily backing up on an external back up system (ALLway sync) in case I suddenly lose everything.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Had you just been on GR?

There's a Trojan called performanceoptimizer which is apparently infecting one of their banner ads.

If you've downloaded anything, you need to run an antivirus and spyware scan of your system.

Comment

Kat, that message is just a scam to trick you into downloading spy software. Don't click to download anything like that if you ever get a message like that again! If you look at the message boards on GR there are a few threads about it, and it is definitely something that has been happening when people have been on GR over the last couple of days. There is a thread on our General board about it; hopefully if you look at this then you won't need to go back onto GR to read the threads on there:

http://www.familytreeforum.com/gener...-gr-today.html
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

OH thanks Kate.
        Just going in to see if everything is ok.....

.... all OK

I didn't download anything Kate just kept clicking the X.
        Have downloaded AVG7 tho and ran it after turning off systems restore.
        I have been using the freebie but this has scared me into actually paying for it
        Last edited by Katarzyna; 02-02-08, 01:41.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I too have been getting an error message on IE6 - it stopped for a while when I thought I had sorted it, but has started again this morning! Gives me the choise of sending an error report or debugging.
          Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Working...
          X