Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you find him please?

hi,

i seem to have lost yet another Mr Bigmore.

samuel callum (cullum) Bigmore born abt 1821 haverhill suffolk. he married amy elizabeth ellis in 1843 haverhill and he died in 1855 haverhill.

on the 1851 census i have found his wife and son back with parents and their daughter is with his parents, but i cant seem to find him.

he seems lost on the 1841 as well so i dont have an occupation for him.

any help greatful.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Do you have his death cert? That should give his occupation. The occupation might help locate him - if he were in a job which meant travelling away (soldier, sailor) - or, at least, explain why you can't find him.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

no certs as not direct line (cousin of some sort)

Comment

Copy burial record? That might give you something?

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

where wouldi find that?

Comment

Suffolk Records/Archives Office?

This site gives you the contact info:
            Tracing your family history

Christine

Comment

Have you seen this?

Samuel Callum Bigmore Burial 29 Feb 1820 age 6 weeks, Haverhill, St Mary (Anglican)

I would guess at an older brother
              Vikki -
              Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

yea its same family, they named the missing 1 above after the 1 that died 1820. i have a few that have done this. plus they all have the same name and were a very big family in he area. so i have cousins being born in the same year called the same thing.

Comment

ignore me - sorry what i posted was utter tripe, so i deleted it
                  Last edited by Jessbowbag; 01-02-08, 20:14.
                  Jess

Comment

Working...
                  X