Full Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Age

Does anyone know when the term "full age" stopped being used on marriage certificates?.............Or could it still be used today?

Many thanks
    Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

I think exact (though maybe incorrect, lol!) ages are given today and certainly all my later certs have exact ages. Not sure if this change was uniform or gradually became the custom and can't see anything about it in the Wiki or on Genuki or on the Certificate Tutorials site.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

According to UK Marriage Certificates
      "For current marriages, The Marriage Act 1949 which on January 1st, 2001 was amended, informs the current procedure require for marriages to be completed."
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks Nell

Like you I couldn't find anything in the 'obvious' places but I knew someone on here would know where to look

Off for a read

Thanks again
        Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

I have one from 1872 which says "full age"... but one from 1846 which gives the exact ages! I think it just depended on how much the vicar/whoever else was filling in the certificate cared about attention to detail.
          Michael, aged 1/4 of a century

Comment

Working...
          X