Aargh - Ancestry's Nooseboy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aargh - Ancestry's Nooseboy!

Thought I'd treat myself to some uninterrupted time on Ancestry this afternoon making sure I've crossed all the Ts and dotted all the Is ready to send a report to a good new contact from my Ancestry tree.

All I can get every time I click "search" or "show others on page" is that blinky nooseboy!

Has everyone in the world decided to search at the same time as me, or is there a chance they are adding new stuff?
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

I´ve got one of those as well Gillian!
    Elaine

Comment

Grrr isn't he a bore!

Comment

I've just come on to ask if anyone else is having trouble with Ancestry this afternoon and saw this thread. I'm not getting the boy with the noose but everything is so slow and it's taking an age to do any searches. I'm having the same trouble with FreeBMD.No other sites I've been on are giving me the same problem. I know there's some sort of tie up between the two - maybe they use the same server which is down or something.

It's SO frustrating. I got a death certificate this morning which has given me a new lead to follow. I virtuously spent the morning getting jobs out of the way and looking forward to spending the afternoon researching this family...and now I have hardly got anywhere because both sites are so slow. :(

Ann
        ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
        Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Ann, I think it is just a coincidence that both ancestry and FreeBMD are playing up at the moment. I'm sure they don't share a server. It would have to be massive! Ancestry do have a copy of FreeBMD's database, but it certainly isn't on the same server because FreeBMD have a message recommending that you use ancestry's copy if their own site is overloaded, which wouldn't make any sense if the two systems were connected.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
            Ann, I think it is just a coincidence that both ancestry and FreeBMD are playing up at the moment. I'm sure they don't share a server. It would have to be massive! Ancestry do have a copy of FreeBMD's database, but it certainly isn't on the same server because FreeBMD have a message recommending that you use ancestry's copy if their own site is overloaded, which wouldn't make any sense if the two systems were connected.
            LOL- just my luck then that they are BOTH playing up at the same time when I need them!

Ann
            ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
            Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by Lozaras
              I hate the little blighter ! :(
              I'd promised myself a lovely time searching this afternoon and all I got was HIM

Mind you, I feel sorry for whoever he was, as he's now a figure of HATE
              Alison

Researching:
              CAVE, CUCKOW/COSHOW, DAKIN, GILBERT, GINN, HUXLEY, LEATT, LETTEN, PATTERSON, PERRY, PORTER, SOMMERVILLE, WEEDON, WHITING
              http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=1025
              http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=2650

Comment

Working...
              X