Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry - American / Canadian records

Hello

Please could someone with access to US info look up 2 records for me?

Alfred Lawrence Bramwell b 1889 England - Border crossing, arrival Nova Scotia.

and

Alfred L Bramwell b abt 1890 England - 1920 census, Multnomah, Oregon.

I am hoping the census has details of his mysterious first wife (poss Alice Bland) and any secret children he had whilst in the states!

Thank you

Jen xx
    "I try to take one day at a time but sometimes lots of days attack me at once"

;)

Hi there

In 1920 Alfred L. Bramwell is a 30 year old Divorced Boarder. He is a caulker in a shipyard, immigrated in 1910 and has citizenship pending.

The ships manifest from Halifax arrival 22 April 1910 shows him as a 21 year old electrical engineer with a final destination of Snyder, Washington. His father, A. Bramwell, is next of kin with address in Nottingham England. His friends name is Edward Gough, Box 463, Burlington, Wash. Alfred is 5 ft 8 1/2 inches tall with fair complexion, bro hair and hazel eyes. Place of birth Snaith? England.

No sign of any wife or children in either of these records.

With an email address I can forward images.

Best wishes
    Jean

Comment

Ooh! Thanks very much, Jean, have pm'd you.

Jen xx

;)

Comment

Hi Jen

Another little bit for you......Alfred is found on the 1910 census in the household of his friend Edward Gough in Burlington, Washington and he's listed as single.

Next he's found on his WW1 draft registration in Oregon where he is age 28 and single. Email on it's way.

Name: Alfred L Bramwell
        County: Clackamas
        State: Oregon
        Birthplace: Yorkshire;England
        Birth Date: 7 Apr 1889
        Race: Caucasian (White)

Best wishes
        Jean

Comment

HI

There is a mariage entry in the indexes for an Alfred L Bramwell 21 September 1917 in Linn Oregon

On the same page is an Alice Bland

No other details shown though
          WendyP

Comment

Thanks Jean, got your mail & replied.

Wendy - wow, that's great - thanks very much!

:D:D:D

Jen xx

;)

Comment

Working...
            X