Help dating these please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help dating these please.

Any ideas when these two pics would have been taken? Also, how old would you think the people on them are?

Hi Margaret, the top picture is three generations and I think was taken early 20th century, probably about 1907ish, the age is harder as it's quite a small picture. I'm not sure about the 2nd picture as there isn't a great deal of the ladies dress to see so I would really be guessing. Would it be possible to enlarge them as that might help?

Comment

I'll have a go at enlarging them Barbara

Comment

Comment

Granny, son, wife and grandsons?, granny has no teeth which always makes people look older, 65,70.......son 40s wife a little younger and boys all under 15.
          Not sure yet there is enough to date the 2nd photo, other than the fact she is late victorian or edwardian

Comment

Barbara

Do you think there is any chance that the group photo could have been taken around the mid 1880's?

The people I am thinking it may be, the old lady died in 1886.

Of course I could be totally wrong and I have to re-think who it could be.

Comment

To be honest Margaret, I think the picture is Edwardian............I could be wrong! I have to go now so good luck.....;)

Comment

Thank you Barbara

Comment

Well I haven't got a clue who they are then. :(

They were found at my dad's parents house so must be their family though which one I don't know. Can't seem to fit the date in with anyone.

Comment

The dresses are almost identical in each picture, which surely makes the very old lady the same lady as the one in the single picture - it is either the same dress, or she really liked that style!

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                      The dresses are almost identical in each picture, which surely makes the very old lady the same lady as the one in the single picture - it is either the same dress, or she really liked that style!

OC

OC

I wondered that myself. The family I thought I could be, she died in 1886 aged 84. The son and daughter wouldn't have been married they were brother and sister and the children were the daughter three illegitimate children, she actually have five. :o
                      Trouble is that family doesn't fit with the dates peeps think the photos are.
                      If the single photo is her, she was born in 1802.
                      I will have to have another look at who it could be.

Comment

boys collars are about 1880 brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
                          boys collars are about 1880 brenda xxx
                          Bren

That is about the date I am hoping, but others seem to think it was about 1900-1910.

I'm really confused now.

Comment

no my employer has photo,s of his grandfather with same collars brenda xxx

Comment

I've just put the photos on the Rootschat boards as well, other peeps may have more opinions.

I do so hope you are right Bren.

Do you agree with OC that the lady on her own could be the same as the old lady?
                              How old would you think she was in that pic?

Comment

I don't think the lady in the 2nd photo is the elderly lady in the first, the 2nd lady appears to be a handsome woman in middle age, and has protruding eyes. The date you would like it to be would put it into the 1850s, that photo is much much later.........sorry....:o

Comment

Originally posted by Just Barbara View Post
                                  I don't think the lady in the 2nd photo is the elderly lady in the first, the 2nd lady appears to be a handsome woman in middle age, and has protruding eyes. The date you would like it to be would put it into the 1850s, that photo is much much later.........sorry....:o

Oh well :(

Thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom
                                    Margaret, let us know what feedback you get from rootschat :D

Will do Tom.

I posted it at 11.29 this morning. 38 people have looked but no replies. A few of those 38 will be me checking back.

Not as quick as this site is it?

Comment

Working...
                                    X