FTM Photos on home pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM Photos on home pages

Im sure this is my fault but its always hit or miss - so please some advice.

When I add a photo to my ftm and want to add it just to the individuals page on my home page - please how do I do it.

I seem to get it right half the time but Im sure Im doing the same thing every time. I add the photo to the scrap book and then right click and it says do you want to add this to your homepage and I click yep. Now when I go to my home page, SOME of the pics are in the right place - i.e. on the individuals page next totheir name but many times they turn up in the list of photos on the first page and not on the individuals page at all.

I dont want a long list of photos on the front page, I want people to open an individuals page and see the photo.

Have I made that clear???? So is there a (old) fool proof way of doing this please?

Surely Glen knows the answer?????????????/

Oh and Ive just gone to ancestry and my tree on there has disappeared!!!

Comment

Not even Elaine?

Comment

I'm here Heather!
        ... and have been trying to work out what your problem is and how the photos get added to the home page.

I was always under the impression that any photo that is in the scrapbook is uploaded with the file and the image appears on the individuals page when you view them through the Index of Individuals.

Any photo you want on the first page of the home page is added by opening FTM, going to INTERNET and selecting ADD PHOTO TO HOME PAGE.

However!! I have just had a look at my file and there are some photos which I have in my scrapbook which are not appearing on the individuals page on my home page.

So in other words - I don't know the answer!
        Elaine

Comment

Oh ................................... I give up them.

Its so annoying because I like opening the individual's page and seeing that persons photo above their personal information. I dont like the photo just added to a list on the front page. But I cant work out why it is so hit and miss when I transfer it.

Comment

My photos on the main homepage only get there by me adding them manually as I described above
            Open FTM / INTERNET / ADD PHOTO TO HOME PAGE

I need to work out why some of my scrapbook photos appear on the individual pages, and why some don't!
            Elaine

Comment

Ive the same problem.

Comment

Working...
              X