Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral Roll

Hi All

Other than library & records office is there any way to search/get access to electoral roll for 1950's ?

thanks

Nicky
    Last edited by Nicky; 29-01-08, 21:42.

Nicky, in most areas, the answer is no, but I think there are one or two places that are putting their old electoral rolls online, so what area are you looking for, please?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Maybe you could try emailing or phoning the relevant library? Some are extremely helpful

Comment

Would telephone directories be of any use ? ... available on Ancestry

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hi
          thanks for your replies

i'm looking for a Rose & William Coles who lived at 4 Whitehouse Street,Bedminster Bristol

Nicky

Comment

Nicky, could they still be alive? If so then we should remove their names, as it is site policy not to post details of living people without their permission.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

If yo jst have one year yo want, yo can email and get a lookp bt if yo want to trace over several years yo are best going yorself. Some local history centres have them as well as conty records offices. Some are in very frail condition, others have been rebond or microfilmed. Excse message, the letter between y and i on my keyboard isnt working at the moment!
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks again for all your replies,

no they are not still alive sorry for not mentioning that.
                just thought of trying electoral roll as can't find birth, death or marriage for either of them lol.
                I have their daughter's birth cert she was born in 1921 and died in 1958, on there mothers name Caroline Coles formally Coles but i do know 1920-1925 on electoral register she is down as Rose Coles (guessing it's her middle name)

Nicky

Comment

Don't forget that only people over 21 will be on the electoral register

Comment

Yes i'm trying to find how long she may have lived there for to try and get an idea when she died, because i can't seem to find the couple anywhere and it's quite a common name even though same surnames marriages may not be i can't find that either

Nicky

Comment

Working...
                    X