How much are you paying for ancestry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much are you paying for ancestry?

I am being asked for 80 something to renew and I'm sure I've heard of people getting it cheaper.
    Asa

I got mine for £55.27 last April but think its gone up a bit since then.

Think you need to haggle.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Hi it has gone up its now £79.95 I believe but if its an automatic renewal its £69.95 although I bargained with them and got it for £62 , its worth trying

Comment

Thanks very much. I will phone them later and attempt a barter;)
        Asa

Comment

let us know how you get on

Comment

My automatic renewal was for £79.95.
            I e.mailed them and complained. They replied, giving me a phone number to ring and ask for a discount. Haven't got round to it yet!

Comment

OK, I've just rung - 0800 404 9723

And I've renewed for £63.45 !

It's real easy..............just be nice to the lady / gent on the phone and you are away !

Good luck. They just cancel the old one and start a new subscription.

Who can beat £63.45 ?

Comment

I got my renewal reminder last week and they are quoting £69.95 which is what I've paid in previous years. I can't understand why they have different prices for different people nor how they decide who pays what.It seems as though it's the luck of the draw which is an odd way to do business I think.

Ann
                ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
                Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

erm.. i can Simon.. but pm me i cant say how on here lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jennifer Eccles View Post
                    erm.. i can Simon.. but pm me i cant say how on here lol
                    It is now done !

My membership was going to expire at the end of Jan, and I'm away til Friday, so £63.45 is a £16.50 saving of what I would have paid.

Comment

Thanks very much all - and especially Simon lol. I have just phoned them and was told the VAT must have been worked out incorrectly & that it would cost me £79.95. So I asked how much it would cost me if I cancelled my sub and then restarted and that was 63.96. I have no idea why it was 51p difference but I was so chuffed at the saving I didn't quibble I'm not tight by any means but it seems ridiculous to pay an extra 16 quid.
                      Asa

Comment

Working...
                      X