Essex Records Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essex Records Office

Just wondering if anyone is planning a trip to the Essex RO anytime?

If so could I be really cheeky and ask for a baptism look up?

I checked the Wiki and the member who is offering Look-ups hasn't been online for a few months, I did PM them but had no response.

Thanks
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Thanks Tom, The problem is I only have a rough year for 2 of them no idea how many others and have a rough idea of the town

But i'll give it a try, do you know what their charges are for a search?

EDIT - email sent, I have a feeling this isn't going to be cheap....
    Last edited by vikki brace; 27-01-08, 11:11.
    Vikki -

Comment

If you still need the look up I shall be going in the next week or two. I love that record office, which is only a few miles from me, and have run out of my own Essex ancestry so resorted to researching my local parish records for fun!
      Judith
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Oh Judith you are a star, I have loads of Essex ancestors - do you want to adopt some? :D

I will PM you
        Vikki -

Comment

Judith, really, are you happy to do look ups for other people at Essex RO!!! A big lump of my family come from there, and another big lump from Norfolk, thought it was going have to wait until I could spend a holiday in the area before I moved an inch further on them! If you really like doing other people's look ups, could i give you some. Don't be afraid to say no.
          Thanks.
          Mavis
          Dust is a noun, never a verb;)

Comment

Mavis, Yes honestly, ERO is big (no booking needed) and well set out and though I can't guarantee to find what you need I'll gladly look. PM with the details of your family if you like.
            Judith

Comment

Judith. :D

Big

Thank you

Have pm'd you.
              Mavis

Comment

Judith - can I jump on the bandwagon I have some Essex families or perhaps you don't want to open the flood gates:D:D
                Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Oh go on then, just one more. I can always take a sleeping bag and see if they'll let me camp there :D
                  PM me Jean, though depending on how long it takes for the other look ups yours may have to wait a week or so.

Comment

Hi Judith
                    I'm not asking for a look up but I wondered if you could possibly ask them a question for me please? Newham Archives and studies library have got some records of West Ham Union workhouse and school. They are the minutes of the West Ham Board of Guardians who were responsible for the workhouse, school and all other poor law matters in the West Ham district. You can't pay for a search at Newham but I wondered if the place you go to have the same records and whether they do searches if I contacted them please?

I shall understand if you feel that it's too much to ask them.
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Yes of course I'll ask. Have you looked on the Essex Record Office catalogue online?
                      You can login as a Guest and search the catalogue

Comment

Oh thank you Judith - off to take a look

Comment

It doesn't look as though they do have them Judith, thank you for pointing me in the direction though.

Comment

Oh Judith,
                            You've started an averlanch could i jump on too? I've already PM'd even before I read of all the wagnoers jumping on.

Comment

Judith, Think dukkie should have priority, they're a lot further away than anyone else!!!
                              Mavis

Comment

Working...
                              X