Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone help

im wondering if anyone can help me.

im looking for a Thomas J Halsey born abt 1890 think london area he married Dorothy A Campion not sure of her birth,
    my problem is that i cant find thomas on 1891 or 1901 census or a marriage.

all i have is that Thomas and his wife Dorothy had 2 sons first one born 1924 bedwelty wales, i have found a second marriage for Thomas as his first wife Dorothy died . and on that certificate it says that Thomas's father was also called thomas.

so need help with finding his first marriage and finding him on 1891 1901 census

thanks so much
    womblepatra

hi the only Thomas J Halsey I could find married a girl with the surname Winsby in 1920 Brentford Middlesex
    The only Dorothy A Campion I could find married a man with the surname Wilby in 1921

Comment

thank you val

i found them also, surely if they married there would be a registration, ive been looking for these people for over a year now and nothing,

thanks again

Comment

Sorry I've just deleted that because I put the wrong info up. Senior moment.

Jackie
        Last edited by Night Owl; 26-01-08, 22:44. Reason: Incorrect info posted
        Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
          The 1924 birth with mother's surname Campion and father Halsey (haven't put the person's name up in case they are alive) the father was Harold T Halsey.

Jackie
          thanks jackie thats fantastic how did you find it so quick

Comment

see a different name Harold not Thomas !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Many apologies - see my edited post above - I put the wrong info up.

Jackie
              Jackie

Comment

Hi

Do you have this entry for their first son ?

Harold T Halsey, mothers maiden name Campion Mar Q Bedwelty 11a 285

There are a couple of possibles in the 1891 and 1901 census, born around 1890, one with father Thomas. Does the marriage cert give father Thomas' occupation ?

How sure are you that he was born around 1890 and that he was registered with a second name beginning with J. Some people seemed to have been registered with only one christian name, but appear on census with a second initial, some times baptisms have their second name. Also a second name/initial appears suddenly on a marriage certificate.

Have you found Dorothy's death to be sure it is the same man marrying the second time ? Did he serve in WW1 ?

Have checked freebmd and ancestry images, but will keep looking.

Diane
                Diane
                Diane
                Sydney Australia
                Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

on childs birth cert 1924 it gives fathers name as thomas and mothers as dorothy campion, second marriage was to hannah prince his fathers name stated as thomas i have not got the cert here with me so cant check for occupation but on second marriage father was deceased, the child in question 1924 is the right person born bedwelty he is still alive and says his father thomas above served in first world war battle of the som i believe, also this is only say so that that thomas and dorothy honeymooned in weston supermare not sure that bit of info is worth anything. yes i have found dorothys death

Comment

You should look at the WW1 medal cards on the National Archives website, you might be able to pick some information from them as to which Thomas Halsey you are looking for.

There is one THomas J Halseys and two Thomas Halseys with no middle initial. You might have to download a couple of them before you get the right one though. You could check which regiments etc were involved in the battle of the Somme and see if any of them fit.

Diane
                    Diane
                    Sydney Australia

Comment

FUrther....

In 1901 census, there is a Thomas J Halsey born c1894 Acton MDX, but there is no registration, only one for Thomas E Halsey in 1894.
                      The Thomas J Halsey registered in 1897 appears only in the 1901 census as Thomas Halsey

Diane
                      Diane
                      Sydney Australia

Comment

I've browsed the actual GRO marriage images for Campion 1913 to 1924 and haven't been able to find any marriages that would fit. I know you've probably already done that but sometimes a second pair or eyes helps.

The marriage could be outside that period, or not in England and Wales (although I would have thought that if they honeymooned in Weston Super Mare that the marriage would have been)

Other than what Diane has suggested, I can't offer anything else. The father's occupation could help for the census. Also do you know when he died? You might get a better idea of his dob from a death cert.

Jackie
                        Jackie

Comment

thank you all for your help , i will take another look at marriage cert for fathers occupation and then try a search with that in mind,

thanks again,

Comment

Working...
                          X