X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Missing in 1891

I am missing a family of 4 in 1891

in 1881 I have

John E Titchmarsh 29 (1852 Royston Cambs)
    Jane Titchmarsh 24 (1857 Harlston, Northamptonshire)
    H N Titchmarsh 6 (Horace Victor) (1875 Guildsborough Northamptonshire)
    H Titchmarsh 1 (1880 Bassingbourne, Cambs)
    N Titchmarsh 3months (1881 Bassingbourne, Cambs)

RG11; Piece: 1413; Folio: 69; Page: 6

Now I have found John in 1891 living with a 21 year old Asa as his "wife" in London, can't find a marriage for John to Asa though

So I need to find Jane, Horace, H and N (don't have names for them yet)

Thanks
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

can tighten up on a couuple of the place names for you
    Guilsborough

Harlestone

Both very nice Villages
    +
    Herbert Edward Titchmarsh
    Jan-Feb-Mar
    District: Royston

Volume: 3a
    Page: 393
    Last edited by Jessbowbag; 26-01-08, 16:49.
    Jess

Comment

??Horace?- prob. too young

Class: RG12; Piece: 159; Folio 112; Page 9; GSU roll: 6095269.
      Jess

Comment

Thanks Jess - It should help if I can spell them :o

The 1891 for Horace Titchmarsh is his cousin (4th cousin), but thanks for looking
        Vikki -

Comment

Ok, I have just checked my Death index (yes I have one) for the Titchmarsh's and have found that:

Jane Titchmarsh b.1857 died 1927 Islington
          Herbert Edward Titchmarsh b.1880 died 1945 Islington
          Horace Victor Leonard Titchmarsh b.1874 died 1927 Islington

So they all should be there in 91
          Vikki -

Comment

Just found Horace he joined the Navy in 1890, so was probably at sea - Just going through his records.

He was Invalided out in 1896, which is why he appears in 1901
            Vikki -

Comment

Presumably, since you refer to the sea service record, you've found the Documents Online references to the family members?

WW1 Campaign Medals (51)
              WW2 Seamen's Medals (1)
              Wills (7)
              Registers of Seamen's Services (8)
              Recommendations for Honours and Awards (Army) (1)
              Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There's a whole lot of stuff on A2A about John Titchmarsh of Royston - but a generation earlier, by the dates.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes Christine, I have seen them. Thanks

But I actually found the evidence of his naval service on his WW1 pension records on Ancestry. There are 2 for him one 5 page document and one 7 page document.
                  Vikki -

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                    There's a whole lot of stuff on A2A about John Titchmarsh of Royston - but a generation earlier, by the dates.

Christine
                    Ah, So there is - I always forget to look there :o

Trouble is which John are they refering to? I have a few in Royston covering those dates
                    Vikki -

Comment

I tried just putting in "Titchmarsh", but that's a place-name, too, so I got lots of irrelevant Hits. It means you have to put in first-names, as well as the surname, to keep the Hits to something useful.

Christine

Comment

I know what you mean Christine, its the same when you Google, you either gets Alan Titchmarsh or sites relating to Titchmarsh in Northamptonshire

Does get a little anoying, but they stuck to the same names for years so it does make it a little easier - Thanks again for your help
                        Vikki -

Comment

With Google, you could exclude Alan T, by putting: -"Alan Titchmarsh"

That's including the "-" which acts as a minus - i.e. to exclude the immediately-following item.
                          It's also including the inverted commas, which ensure that the multi-term item is treated as a single term, and not as all its separate components.

Perhaps you know both of those - but it's always useful in case someone else hasn't come across those search-tweaks.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                          X