Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help put this in order (if possible!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help put this in order (if possible!!)

Following on from my wills thread, i have a list of people that i was hoping to be able to put in order.

Starting from the most recent

John Bowketts will dated 1841:

bequeaths items to his son John and afterwards John jr wife Judith, also to grandson Allen. This is confirmed by the 1841 census (although am slightly concerned by a Judith Bowkett living with him at the time, as well as Judith and John)
    Also Daughter Mary Ann Fisher (confirmed by 1841 census as living with dad)

no other family mentioned

From the census he is aged 65, putting his DOB at approx 1776 and son Johns at 1794

John Bowkett will dated 1819:

leaves items to wife Mary (from Mary's will dated 1824 which dates Johns death in August 1819) Gunter. John and Mary married in 1792, meaning she cannot be the mother of his children (namely John above born c1776, thanks to Kate for highlighting)
    Once Mary dies, he gives everything to son John and money to his daughter Nancy (any clues for an alternate name if poss?)
    Approx guestimate of age 1745

John Bowkett will dated 1778:
    Items to children Thomas, Hannah, Ann, John (above), Mary Baxter

IGI suggests births of these children ranging from 1743 to 1760 mother as Jane, meaning Johns age at approx 1720ish

Does this sound logical to you? All these John and Mary's are doing my head in!!!:D
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Nancy is another name for Ann, does that help?
    Heather

Comment

Yes, I've had Nancy for Ann too!

Anne

Comment

Bowkett fisher

Hi Lensgirl
        I know you posted this info a year ago - and may have moved on in your research - so you may already have this info which I got from the very helpful transcribed parish registers on the Forest of Dean Family History website.

John Bowkett who is also my great great great great grandfather was buried 18 June 1841 in Pauntley aged 69 - so born 1872.

Mary Fisher - his daughter - who was at the house for the 1841 census married my gr gr gr grandfather William Fisher. I think she was only staying there for that time. I think I have her husband William on his own that night in Woodmancote, Glos! Their son William was at a posh school (at least I think it was posh - Hanley Castle, Upton on Severn) in 1841. Perhaps her father was ill in March when the census was taken????

I note from the F of D website that John (gamekeeper) and Judith baptised John on 15 Nov 1824. There's a Judith Dee and John Bowkett married on 16 Feb 1819 at Pauntley too.

I'm wondering whether our John Bowkett owned fields as per the Hereford field names database.

Hope to hear from you re the wills!

thanks

Joy

Comment

Hi Joy

have PM'd you

Robyne
          Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Can anyone help put this in order

My theory is that given the census was taken on 6 June 1841 - Mary Fisher - John Bowkett's daughter was staying cos he was ill.

On the 18 June 1841 he was buried!

Happy hunting

Joy

Comment

Working...
            X