Are these the same person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these the same person?

I would appreciate opinions as to whether these are the same person please.

The 1st one is about 1920 and my grandad.
    2nd one is from 1937, picked out of a Coronation Day parade in the village where they lived.

I will be going out soon but back later this afternoon.

Thanks
    Christine in Portugal

yes the ears have it ,even the collar of the shirt is same not changed his liking for same styled shirts brenda xxx

Comment

Thanks Brenda, I'd like to think it is him, the earlier one is the only photo I have of him and he died in 1948 so I never knew him and there is no-one left to ask.
      Christine in Portugal

Comment

I think they are the same man, same ears and still parting his hair in the same place, my only concern is that he looks more then 17 years older then the first picture
        Vikki -
        Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Hi, Vikki,

I thought he looked older than that also but it is definitely 1937, grandad would have been 38, his father was also still living but he would have been 60.
          Christine in Portugal

Comment

Well at first glance I would say they are the same person but he seems to have aged quickly?
            Does the older man have slight dimples? Could it not be his dad?

]

Comment

Had suffered a sever illness - TB, Pneumonia? That could have taken it's toll and might explain the aging appearance.

Still not sure though
              Vikki -
              Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Light View Post
                Well at first glance I would say they are the same person but he seems to have aged quickly?
                Does the older man have slight dimples? Could it not be his dad?
                I don't think it could be his father as he would have been 60 at this time and he didn't have any serious illnesses, he died suddenly 10 yrs later of a heart attack.
                Christine in Portugal

Comment

i still think it is the shirt is same style,tie is the same small knot,ears,eyes are deep set too,brenda xxx

Comment

Thanks for your input again Brenda,

I think ageing quickly runs in the family as I have a lot of wrinkles and I have just been looking my brother's wedding photo when he was 26 and he looks older than that, hair receded quite a lot and the rest thinning.

I'll never know for sure as no-one will come back to tell me will they? makes you wish you'd started researching years ago when some of the family were still alive doesn't it?
                    Christine in Portugal

Comment

Think it's the same man - his hair is already receding slightly in pic 1.

OC

Comment

Thanks OC, the earlier photo was a studio one so obviously a better photo and they did seem to age quicker years ago.

Receding hairline runs in the family, my brother's had receded a lot more than than that at 26 when he got married.
                        Christine in Portugal

Comment

Working...
                        X