Baby dying shortly after birth - a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby dying shortly after birth - a question

In the 1890's if a baby died shortly after birth was it ok just to register the death or did the birth have to be registered as well.

The reason I am asking is that I can find a death age 0 but no correspoding birth.

I suppose one might slip through the net, but the rules were that the birth should also be registered (by that date).

Go on then......who is it?

Comment

My grandparents had a baby born alive in 1899 and he only lived 6 hours. His birth and death were both registered.
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Merry

The death is Agnes Winifred Barton died age 0
        Chorlton
        Sep 1897 8c 546

Comment

Another one as well, same family

Francis Arthur Barton died age 5 in 1896
          Chorlton Dec qtr 8c 502

Can't find a birth for that either.

Comment

There is an Agnes Barton 2nd Qtr 1897 Toxteth Park, Lancashire
            Vikki -
            Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Originally posted by vikki brace View Post
              There is an Agnes Barton 2nd Qtr 1897 Toxteth Park, Lancashire
              Isn't that Liverpool Vikki?

A bit too far away I think, they lived in Levenshulme, Manchester which comes under Chorlton.

Comment

I have found a birth for Agnes Barton in Ormskirk in Mar qtr 1896. 8b 807.

I have the family in Levenshulme in 1895 and in 1901 in Formby.

Formby comes under Ormskirk.

I wonder

Comment

No, just talked myself out of that one. That Agnes died in 1909 age 13 in Ormskirk and the family were back in Manchester before then

Comment

Is the mother's mn Pressler?

OC

Comment

My Lancashire geography isn't to great so you are probably right.

If you order the death certificate it would tell you how old she was, she could have been hours, weeks or upto 11 months old

Might help you narrow down any posibles
                      Vikki -
                      Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                        Is the mother's mn Pressler?

OC
                        OC

No maiden name was Stanbridge

Comment

Can't do that Vikki

I'm helping out a distant cousin. Don't think he really wants to get it either.

Comment

I had a similar problem some time ago,except in reverse.I had the birth certificate,but couldn't find the death.I found out eventually that the child had been named Matilda when registered at birth,but was named Maud on the death certificate.I knew I had the right one because of the parents and the address.
                            Fran

Comment

I had a funny instance when the death was registered before the birth so the birth was in the next quarter.
                              Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

My poor father in law had to register his first child's birth and death at the same time. The baby died from failure to breathe after an emergency caesarian which left my mother-in-law in danger of dying herself. She needed corrective surgery afterwards and the obstetrician who dealt with her labour should (and nowadays would) have been struck off.

I have no idea what happened to this baby, poor soul.
                                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                                X