Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding Sarah in 1901 plz

Hi All!

I am trying to find Sarah Armitstead and family in the 1901 census but i'm not having much luck!!

Now, this may be cause I'm a bit rusty (haven't done much research lately) or maybe she's hiding from me!!

This is her and family in 1891

Class: RG12; Piece: 596; Folio 69; Page 14;

This is a new lead that came out of the blue in my inbox a couple of days ago Hope you can help!

Is this them in 1881?

RG11; Piece: 627; Folio: 6; Page: 6; Line: ; GSU roll: 1341144.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Yep, that's them Jbee!! Arunblead!!!

Comment

No I can't find any of them.

The Surrey contingent seems to have all disappeared too.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by Tom
          Sorry Deb. No can find :( have tried looking under all their first names without surnames and everything I can think of.

Sorry

Phew!! It's not cause I'm rusty then LOL

I know for a fact that Bertie Armitstead should be there as I have been in contact with a direct descendent of his

Just my luck to get a new lead a and run straight in to a possible brickwall!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
            No I can't find any of them.

The Surrey contingent seems to have all disappeared too.
            Yeh, I noticed that too...they all seem to be up North

Thanks very much for looking Jbee

Comment

Have you seen this one?
              Class: RG13; Piece: 437; Folio: 112; Page: 16.
              Heather

Comment

Yes that looks like Lidia 21

? staying with brother? John 38 and his wife Mary plus brother? Robert 23

Comment

Thanks Heather - That looks like the right family, I think John H is Herbert in previous censuses. I still need to find the rest of them...I know some of the other sisters were married by then but having trouble finding them with possible spouses in the census?? Maybe Sarah had died by then but I haven't located a death for her yet.

Oh, something I found quite interesting was the address in 1901 - It looks like 243 Gipsy Road...I walk down that road everyday - I will look out for number 243 next time!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X