Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Cousins problem

I have hit a strange problem here.

Just trying to enter some realtives from the 1881 Scottish census.

Now, the transcription is a stupid one admittedly:

Alexander Paterson H aged 30
    Alexander Paterson wife aged 30.

The second one should be Alexanderina of course and I have subbed a correction to Ancestry.

But Lost Cousins won't let me enter the original transcription as it must think I am trying to enter the same person twice, even though I have given a corrected first name for her AND her maiden surname.

Shall I just take a chance and enter her correctly, even though that doesn't match the transcription?

OC

OC

You and your ancestors! Has Lost Cousins got a help page or a place where you can contact them to ask?

I'd be inclined to put Alexanderina for the lady. (or should it be Alexandrina?)
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Nell

When she's the one who is spelling it, it is Alexanderina. Everyone else spells it Alexandrina.

Yes, I've lobbed off a query to Lost Cousins, but thinking about it, it is probably a unique situation and they aren't going to re programme just for me!

I don't know why I'm so bothered anyway - it'll be the first match on Lost Cousins for me!

OC

Comment

Just had a reply from LC (that was quick)

Unfortunately, our programme will not allow you to enter two people with the same name and same age on the same census page as it cannot differentiate between them.

However, this should not be a problem, as our matching service will pick up the name you enter once.

So there! Why didn't I think of that!

OC

Comment

Working...
        X