Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions?

I have decided to have another crack at my Haines family, but I need some ideas of where to look next.

What I know.

Thomas Haines married Elizabeth Everett 14th Oct 1750 at St Katherines by the Tower. According to the marriage allegation both gave St Mary Whitechapel as their place of residence.

Thomas listed his occupation as Apothecary and his age as 25. I have a copy from a family bible which lists his birth as 13th February 1724

I contacted Apothecary Hall a few years back about their apprentice records, but they didn't have any Thomas Haines listed as apprentice between 1730-1750

I have checked the IGI and no real matches.

What other records could I check to find out more about Thomas.

EDIT - Forgot to say, I know all about this life after he married, its before that that I am interested in

Thanks
    Last edited by vikki brace; 24-01-08, 12:56. Reason: Spelling
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

If Thomas were apprenticed to anyone other than his father, then tax should have been paid on the apprenticeship. Have you looked at the Society of Genealogists' apprentice records?
    These are on Origins and will be tricky to search as I don't know how they would standardise the surname, but that early you should get where the family were living (not necessarily London) and the name of the father.
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Thanks, I will take a look.

Any more ideas?
      Vikki -
      Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Vikki

Have you tried name variations? - my experience with my Hayne family is that they use different spellings - Haynes, Haine, Haines, Hine, Hines, Hynde, Hyne etc
        CAROLE : "A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK"

Comment

Working...
        X