Scream AVG playing silly beggars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scream AVG playing silly beggars

I had this a short while back (so did Val and a few others). Today my AVG did its usual update thing but then it said I had to restart puter for it to take effect (which Ive never had to do before??) so I restart but the little AVG symbol in my tray is grayed out and a balloon comes up that its out of date. I have clicked on the avg centre thing and it says my shield and anti virus is not working??? It then says its not being able to connect. But it had connected and downloaded.

I reinstalled it all a couple of weeks back to stop this problem and now its here again - does anyone know what is causing it please?

Oh, just noticed not event the grayed out symbol is there now :(

Heather, Do you have VISTA if so I don't know anyone who is happy with AVG. I have never been able to install it on my new (now old) PC. My friend cannot get it downloaded onto his very new laptop either.
    I wondered now that they are selling the full version in the shops maybe they are trying to ease us out ~ what do you think?
    I have installed Avast and touch wood I think it could be better as long as you don't mind a voice telling you that your system has been updated each time you switch on.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Ive used it happily for 4 years Margaret - its just Ive had this problem lately. Im on XP not vista and I cant understand now that I cant even open the program. Im just downloading it again as we type.

Comment

I updated my AVG tonight with no problems.
        I have used it for about 10 years and occasionally there is an update that requires a restart. I assume that this is because it changes a registry setting.
        I can see no reason why your shield & AV should not be working, unless somehow the download got corrupted, as often happens when a site is very busy.

I would do a system restore and try downloading the update again.

Comment

Heather, I used it on my XP with never a problem but I do wonder if they are trying to move us on. I was most dissappointed when I could not get it down loaded onto this PC
          Margaret N
          DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Well, Ive reinstalled and its all working again but I wonder how long??

Comment

Heather I did the same uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and am having the same problem on this pc which is windows XP
              I have it on my laptop too and that takes ages to scan every day.

Comment

Have you tried asking for help on the AVG Forum?

Comment

hi Lyn hows you ??? no I cannot say I have dont know about Heather maybe I will, thanks

Comment

I's fine thanks, Val.
                    The best thing about querying problems on their own forum is that the development technicians browse through them and so they know what needs to be corrected.

Comment

Hi there, I had a google earlier and found a few articles but no I havent been on the forum. I dont understand why its happening though I think there was a big update in mid December which seems to be about when it all began. Its fine at the moment.

Comment

Heather

I updated AVG today at a prompt and so far all is fine (I'm XP).

However, my computer is running very slow and I don't know if it's that, or something else!

OC

Comment

Mines fine now O.C. I dont update at a prompt, it does it automatically first thing in the morning. Its just since about a month back Ive been having all sorts of probs where it updates then tells me it hasnt and today the whole program seemed to have disappeared from the puter - most strange.

Comment

Working...
                          X