Family search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family search

Dont know if anyone has mentioned it yet but Familysearch is allowing you to try ou the new parts on their site, I have found a couple of mine over in Utah
    FamilySearch Record Search

Have you booked your holidays yet ?
    Why not come to Norfolk we have some great churches for you to photograph

Shake my family tree and watch the nuts fall.

Looking for Druce-Berkshire. Auvache , James, Hughes - London. Turp - Essex. Dipple, - Herefordshire.

Regional Co ordinator Eastern Region

Thanks for that tasdev!
    I've just registered and have found some good stuff already on the Ontario deaths section plus some very promising US leads on another line.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Glad to help

Looking for Druce-Berkshire. Auvache , James, Hughes - London. Turp - Essex. Dipple, - Herefordshire.

Comment

Many thanks from me too -- they have the electoral rolls from Cheshire which is one of my areas.
        I see my great grandpa Ezra Nixon lived just a few doors down from -- Cliff Richard.
        (it's really a Mr Richard Cliff of course!)
        Nice to see all the neighbours listed like that
        Thanks again
        Janexxx
        To boldly go where no genealogist has gone before....

Comment

One of my branches went to live in Utah, I have found lots of information on them, I have download copies of their death certificates, and all free :D
          I wish our censuses had as much information on them as the U S ones do.

Comment

It's an odd mixture of records they have on there isn't it?
            I've found lots more of my Canadians since posting yesterday - I thought I was going to have to wait for that info till the next time Ancestry offered a three day free access to Ancestry.com!

Jane - wasn't it you who was on the banks of the Bosphorus? Or am I losing it?
            Gillian

Comment

Thanks for the info I will have a look for some of my disappeared rellies.

About the info on the censuses, I remember how much fuss is caused over here if the Government ask us to furnish more information about ourselves.

Lol
              Last edited by Grampa Jim; 24-01-08, 18:11.
              Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

I sent them an email saying I liked the look of the site, and asked if they would be putting much Uk info on, here is their reply

"We are just getting started. The eventual goal will take several years to accomplish as we have 2.5 million rolls of microfilm in our archives."

I like the Tree programmes as well, have you had a try ?

Comment

Wow - does that mean they may be putting the parish register images online?

I'm probably being thick - where are the tree programmes?
                  Gillian

Comment

The address is

FamilySearch Labs

You can try them out using the demo or upload your tree

Comment

Thanks for the link tasdev - will go and investigate.
                      Gillian

Comment

Thanks, tasdev - I registered yesterday and never got the confirmation e-mail, but I tried signing in today, and it let me.

Pity it's mostly US records so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Gillian View Post
                          Wow - does that mean they may be putting the parish register images online?
                          The lady at my local LDS centre says they will eventually, yes.

I'm probably being thick - where are the tree programmes?
                          It looks as though they haven't put the IGI etc. on yet, just some bits and pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                            Thanks, tasdev - I registered yesterday and never got the confirmation e-mail, but I tried signing in today, and it let me.
                            Same for me today. Thanks for the hint. Off to have a look now.
                            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Brilliant! I found some deaths for a branch of my family who had moved to Ohio - and I was able to download images of the actual death certs, completely free of charge.

The only UK parish register info on there so far is some bishop's transcripts for the Durham area. That doesn't cover any of my lot I'm afraid, but it's good to know that there's lots more coming! Also the images seem to be of good quality, and fast to download. Can't wait for more - so much easier than stuffing around with all those rolls of microfilm!

Comment

I looked at the images. They do seem high quality. Nothing for me yet, but worth looking.

I didn't get an email either, just logged in a presto!!

Comment

Oh and the USA 1900 census is on there too, complete with images - handy if you don't have a world sub to Ancestry!!

Comment

Thank you for this I've just signed up - I'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Gillian View Post
                                      Jane - wasn't it you who was on the banks of the Bosphorus? Or am I losing it?
                                      No, Gillian fear not!
                                      I changed my sig to ''reborn in the USA'' for a bit while I was on my hols, but now I am back - hence the further change
                                      Jane
                                      To boldly go where no genealogist has gone before....

Comment

lol Jane - so I am losing it! I'll be racking my brains now trying to remember who was on the banks. I do wish I had appreciated my memory more in the days when it still worked!

Mary - thanks, that is good news.
                                        Gillian

Comment

Working...
                                        X