X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to find a birth please

Sorry - Marriage............Lol

Hiya

I am looking for the marriage of my uncle :- Benedict Johnson b 1922 - Liverpool, i think he may have been married in the 1940s. We called his wife Rene, Benedict called her Win . I would also like her full name if possible please - much appreciated.

Jacky xx
    Last edited by Tilly Mint; 21-01-08, 21:21.
    Jacky

Have you searched any of the GRO index already (if yes, what years?)? Theres no quick way to do this!

Do you know if they had any children? Don't post their details if they did, because I expect they might still be living, but do you know whe they were born?

Comment

Hiya Merry,

I have looked on free Lancashire and free ancestry from 1942 - 1950. i think it was 1947

Yes they had children , all were born in Liverpool i believe.

Thankyou

Jacky xx
      Jacky

Comment

Do you know when Rene (Win) died?

I saw the record for Benedict in 1999 Knowsley, Merseyside

There are a couple of Winifred Johnsons, listed but no Rene (between 1984 - 2005)
        Vikki -
        Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Hiya Vikki,

She died after him, i am not sure of the year.

Jacky xx
          Jacky

Comment

I checked the complete index for 1945-1949 and there are no marriages for any Benedict Johnson, Sorry

When was their first child born?
            Vikki -

Comment

The deaths for Winifred Johnson in Knowsely Merseyside are :

Winifred Johnson b.9 June 1931 d.Sep 2002 (age 71)
              Winifred Johnson b.21 Aug 1918 d. May 2003 (age 84)
              Winifred Elsie Johnson b.31 Jul 1920 d. Mar 1999 (age 78)

There is one more but she died in 1996

There are also a couple of Irene's but both before 1999
              Vikki -

Comment

First child was born 1947...

Sorry i have to go and have my bath now - work tomorrow..........Doh

Thankyou :D

Jacky xx
                Jacky

Comment

He seems to have been Benedict C JOHNSON on the birth registration index?

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I had a quick look 1943-7, and didn't spot him under Johnston. I didn't twig in time that I should have looked for Johnstone at the same time. Just in case there was an error in the index.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Sorry i had to leave last night..........i had been so stressed in work and had to wake refreshed this morning..........then i went and spilled nail varnish remover all over my research papers.........ink ran everywhere!!!, i have lost a lot of my stuff.

Yes Christine, i should have mentioned his 2nd name - sorry.

Jacky xx
                      Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
                        Sorry i had to leave last night..........i had been so stressed in work and had to wake refreshed this morning..........then i went and spilled nail varnish remover all over my research papers.........ink ran everywhere!!!, i have lost a lot of my stuff.

Yes Christine, i should have mentioned his 2nd name - sorry.

Jacky xx
                        Oh, Tilly! How exasperating and sad-making and all the rest. :( I hope you can recover enough to bridge any gaps?

I was only querying the extra name, in case it cropped up elsewhere - or in case he decided to use the second name instead of the first (a not unknown phenomenon!). Do you know what the C stands for?

Christine

Comment

If you KNOW first child born 1947 I'd start by finding his/her registration and seeing what mother's maiden name was listed as. If you can't find a birth under Johnson maybe they weren't married at the time?

I don't envy you - Johnson is a relatively common surname.
                          ~ with love from Little Nell~
                          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                          X