Am i right in what i am thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i right in what i am thinking

Sorry just needed you to check my thinking lol.

I have ordered my friends grandmas birth certificate got it through and it has a time of birth on it. I thought you only got a time of birth when you are a twin. So went off to check on ancestry and there is her grandma Nora Saunders born 1909 and the same place and reference is a Brenda Sarah Saunders. If they are the same place and reference it is more than likely to be a twin ( i know the cert would be needed to prove it) My friend knows nothing of this nor does her mum am i right in thinking she could of died young and it wouldn't of been spoken about? Am going to have a look for a death just wanted to check really that a time on the birth cert normally meant they were a twin.
    Jen

I think it is usual for twin births to have the time BUT just because it has the time doesn't necessarily mean it definately is. Some registrars seemed to make a habit of it.

As you say - you would have to order the other certificate to be certain. Or perhaps you could use some of OC's charm with the local register office and have a little telephone conversation with them?!

Anne

Comment

Thanks Anne. I thought i was right in thinking that a lot of cases where there is a time on the cert it was usually because of a twin. Can't find a death or anything yet.
      How would you know if they were given up for adoption as i know there is adoption in this family?
      I might have to give them a little call and see if they can help me at all, if not then it would off been worth trying just to save £7.
      Jen

Comment

Formal adoption wasn't legal until 1927 so there wouldn't be any records if this child was adopted.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

911 census when it is released might help you as Nora might still be alive.

And whilst if this baby died young it might not have been talked of, people don't usually go on about their dead relatives. I only found out my mother had a brother who died when he was 15 when I was in my teens.

It may not be being secretive, just that it doesn't occur to anyone that it is of interest.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thankyou Nell. I got a phone call from my friend last night, she had been talking to her mum who didn't think anything of the name. Then a bit later it clicked it was her mums twin and she passed away when she was young. I dont know how young yet though as i haven't found a death for her and have searched the deaths up until she would of been 20. Thankyou again.
            Jen

Comment

Working...
            X