X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay - I found them

La la la la la

I am so happy I have just found some of my missing whites in 1871

I don't know why, but they are not coming up when you search, so I waded through the images, page by page looking for the address they were at in 1861 - and yippie - they are still there

Can you tell i'm happy?
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Well done! That's really satisfying when you can defeat the system like that!

Incidentally - did you note all the references for the pages? If you did, you could search on just that info, and see how they've been transcribed - if at all. If you did, it would also mean you could go back and look again without any of the same problems.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Oooops, no I forgot, but I did print off the page, so I will have a look at the other names on the page and see if they work
      Vikki -

Comment

Originally posted by vikki brace View Post
        Oooops, no I forgot, but I did print off the page, so I will have a look at the other names on the page and see if they work
        If you printed off the page, it should have the numbers on it - unless you managed to de-select them?

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I know exactly what you mean Vik,

I had the same problem with one of my families... lo and behold there they were in the village where they should have been...

still didnt find them on the search though.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

It;s a great feeling isn't it? Well done.

On the other hand, I know my gt X 3 grandfather John Smoothy was living in Chelmsford 1812-1861 when he died (just before the census). I have him in 1851. Can I find him in 1841? No. I've been through all the pages for Chelmsford without anything even remotely like him.

Mind you, his daughter and husband, surname Emmons were misrecorded as Hammond, so who knows!
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Does anyone know what would be the Piece and folio numbers for Drury Lane in St. Giles,Bloomsbury, Middlesex in 1881. I have a missing rellie who has gone AWOL after 1871. The above was where she was living in 1871 and thought a trawl of the area might turn her up.
              Last edited by SuffolkSue; 22-01-08, 08:29.

Comment

In 1881 there is a Drury Lane in St Giles in the Field, London RG11 / Piece 313 /Folio 11 / Pg 17 (will take you to 1 Drury Lane)

Bloomsbury came under London in 1881
                Vikki -

Comment

Thank you Vikki and also to Heather who sent me a message. Have been searching but still the blessed woman doesn't show herself.

If anyone fancies a search I am looking for Catherine Sandys, born St. Giles Middlesex (supposedly) c 1819.

Shes here in 1861 = age is wrong.
                  RG9; Piece: 168; Folio: 97; Page: 24

and here in 1871
                  RG10; Piece: 343; Folio: 48; Page: 11

Her hubby Basil dies just after the 1871 census and Catherine is the informant on the death cert. After this nothing, no remarriage or death that I can find.

I sent for the marriage cert of a Catherine in 1879 to a Thomas Ellison, but this is not her.

If anyone can find her I shall be in 7th heaven.
                  Last edited by SuffolkSue; 22-01-08, 10:19.

Comment

Working...
                  X