Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to find ....1871, 81,91 or anything..please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find ....1871, 81,91 or anything..please!

I have mentioned the Websters before, but I live in hope that someone might spot something new:D

In 1861 I have
    Joshua Webster c 1825 Bethnal Green, occ sawyer
    Ann Webster c 1828 Bethnal Green (sometimes Spitalfields)
    Joshua 1845 Bethnal Green
    Ann 1848 B.Green
    John 1860 B.Green

RG9; Piece: 263; Folio: 111; Page: 35;

In March 1862 my Grandfather, William is born, in Bethnal Green.

In 1871 there is no trace of any of them apart from the daughter Ann who has married Richard Hadkiss. The son Joshua has married Eliza and has 2 children (including yet another Joshua) but is not with her on the census. I have his death cert for 1914.

William reappears in 1881 living with Ann and Richard Hadkiss but no trace of any Joshua etc. In fact I can find no trace of any of them apart from William again. There may well be a death reg for Ann senior but there are so many its impossible. Can any one see anything new that I may have missed??

Living in hope
    Sue

I found a marriage for a Joshua Webster in BG in Sep qr 1865:

Betts George Bethnal Green 1c 817
    Fontaine Eliza Mary Bethnal Gn 1c 817
    Gristock Eliza Bethnal Gn 1c 817
    Webster Joshua Bethnal Gn 1c 817

Oh, I see you said he married Eliza
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth, that's Joshua (1845) marriage to Eliza Gristock. I have the certificate!! No sign of him after that 'til his death in 1914!
      Sue

Comment

I found Eliza Webster with 3 children in BG in 1871, but no sign of Joshua. I wonder what work he did??
        RG number:
        RG10 Piece:
        486 Folio:
        77 Page:
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

On his marriage certificate it gives his occ as Gas Fitter and on his death cert ificate as retired Gas and Water Works Manager. He died in Guy's Hospital but his home address was given as Westcliff on Sea, Essex. Informant S Webster, daughter. She's not on 1871census. I've no idea what the S stands for!!
          Sue

Comment

Working...
          X