Where Are The Pillbeam's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Are The Pillbeam's

Are there any eagle-eyed people who would like a challenge?

I have "mislaid" the Pillbeam's:

Sarah Ann Gibson, baptised Chatham Kent in 1824, moved to Limehouse, London with her parents and siblings.

She married George Pillbeam - September Quarter 1844 in Poplar Reference Poplar 2 327.

I could not find them on 1851 Census, found them on the 1861 Census but stupidly forgot to jot down the Census reference numbers and have now "lost" them; I have become cross-eyed looking for them in 1861. I think I have found them again in 1871 as G. and S. Pillbeam with their children -Census Reference RG10 Page 575 Folio 1055 Page 7 where George's occupation is licenced victueller-I don't think there can be two sets of Pillbeam's where the husband was born in Essex and the wife was born in Kent and also the childrens' names are "family" names and one daughter is S.A. (Sarah Ann?). The fact that George is a licenced victualler seems to tie in as some of Sarah Ann's family (the Gibson's) were also licenced victuallers.

I try to follow "my" families through the Census Returns to see changes in occupations, missing people etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jean

1851 Wales Census perhaps!!!

George and Sarah Pillbram

Children: Sarah, Mary, Jane and Anne

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2522; Folio: 422; Page: 8; GSU roll: 104297-104298.

courtesy of ancestry.co.uk
    Last edited by JBee; 20-01-08, 02:08.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

1861 England Census

George and Sarah Pellbrow

same children as 1851

Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 289; Folio: 60; Page: 9; GSU roll: 542607.

courtesy of ancestry.co.uk
      Last edited by JBee; 20-01-08, 02:08.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Pillbeam/pellbrow

Thank you so much - the mistranscribed Pellbrow is the family I am looking for - I can now sleep peacefully.

Jean

Comment

Pillbeams

JBEE

I am sorry to bother you again but do you have the 1851 Census Reference for the family - are they listed as Pillbeam or another variation.

Thank you......Jean

Comment

Jean,

Go back and look at JBee's first reply - the census reference is there. It looks like the surname was transcribed as "Pillbram".

Tim
            "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Hi Jean

Yes it was Pillbram

Comment

Pillbeams

Thank you so much - I must have been having a senior moment!

Jean

Comment

Working...
                X