Gloucestershire marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloucestershire marriage?

I am looking for a marriage for John aka Byam Gibbons c1804 Uxbridge to Sarah c 1805 Cheltenham. 1st child born 1834. Have searched Middx records on the off chance without luck.
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Have you tried the IGI?

where was first child born? and what was its name please

Eliza? Born Iver? (Bucks)
    Jess

Comment

yes I've looked on IGI the nearest is John to Sarah Jane Kilminster of Winstone Glos but looking at genuki, Winstone is a fair distance from Cheltenham.
      Yes 1st child is Eliza Iver Bucks.
      Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Did they have any children who were registered? (so you can get the mum's maiden name)

Comment

The other 3 children were born in Uxbridge Caroline(my gg grandmother), Jane and Thomas. Went and looked at parish records couldn't find Caroline only Catherine, Jane and Thomas parents Byam, Brain, Biam & Sarah.
          I have mentioned before that Carolines 2 marriage certs give father John and Byam.

1851 census shows John & Sarah
          1841 census Byam & Sarah
          could find no baptism for John or Byam Uxbridge
          Just clutching at straws that I could find a marriage :(
          Last edited by jean; 18-01-08, 23:37.
          Jean

Comment

This birth cert should tell you Sarah's maiden name:

Births Q4 1846
            Gibbons Thomas Uxbridge 3 385

Comment

yes it looks like thats the way to go
              Jean

Comment

I have had a look at the Gloucestershire Marriages Cd (1800-1837) and only three John Gibbons show up - none marrying a Sarah. I can't see any names resembling Byam so far.

The marriage of John GIBBINS to Sarah Jane KILMISTER was by licence though, which could prove useful for final elimination!! Again no other brides called Sarah appear.

The Glos Baptisms CD only runs from 1813 to 1837 so I can't help much there I am afraid.

Caroline
                Caroline's Family History Pages
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                X