Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you find my pile's in 1891/1901 please

hi,

i a lookin without success for albert william edward pile born 1882 o-n-d in shoreditch, vol 1c page 125 on the 1891, 1901 census.

i was given this name from his marriage cert (awaiting a copy)and that his father was james pile.

he married on 25th dec 1905 in west ham.

please can you help me?
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

1891 could be this one.....transcribed as Pete

RG12; Piece: 249; Folio 33; Page 59

Comment

I can't see anything on the 1901, although GR records shows one Albert Pile b. 1883, Peckham living in Camberwell and even that does not come up on Ancestry.

Comment

I reckon Lyn has found them in 1891, but in 1901, no amount of less-is-more searching seems to throw them up... any of them.

Clara Caroline PILE marries in 1897 q2 Shoreditch 1c-132
        - Thomas Alfred MASON or Edwin ZERFA_ (the other bride was Louis GRAY)

But that may not be yours. On the other hand there's a like match to a Mrs Clara MASON (age & PoB) with 2-yr-old Clara, while there's a Louisa ZERFESS, married to an Edwin.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I think this is him in 1901 living with brother James and family. Mother Martha is there too if the 1891 is the right family.

Transcribed as Pili RG13 Piece 1603 Folio 51 Page 35

Jackie
          Jackie

Comment

Oh, Jackie....you are so good!! That does look like the same family.
            I wonder why that didn't come up with my searches. I searched Albert b. 1882 Hoxton then Shoreditch and I searched Pil* with the same other info and never saw it in either. I also searched all Alberts b. 1882, but I think that I may have put London as birth county to prune it down a little. Should have thought of Middlesex!

Comment

After exhausting any Albert attempts I went for Martha born Lambeth c1845 and living in Middx as a long shot. I wouldn't have been able to do that without your 1891 find. Luckily Albert was living at the same address.

Jackie
              Jackie

Comment

So, I wonder why he didn't show in a search for Albert? Ancestry really confuses me!! LOL!!

Comment

thanks very much, i wilgo andlook at the above that you have found, as i went to bed last night after posting.
                  **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X