Gloucestershire marriage pre-1837

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloucestershire marriage pre-1837

I'm looking for the marriage of Charles Palmer to Isabella (unknown) about 1820.

Their 8 children were all christened in The Tabernacle Calvinistic Methodist Church in Wotton-under-Edge between 1824 and 1837 (IGI Batch C036421).

The most likely match I have for Charles Palmer's baptism is 11 Jul 1802 in Wotton (IGI Batch C049411).

I've found the family in 1841 and 1851 in Charfield, which is only about a mile away, so it wouldn't be difficult to take the children to Wotton for baptism.

I can't find the marriage on the IGI so I wonder if anyone has access to another source of parish records. I assume it would be a C of E marriage and I can't see a Calvinistic church accepting children of an unmarried couple for baptism.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

© Gloucestershire Family History Society 2003 - Gloucestershire Marriage Index CD

Charles PALMER married Isabella FOX in WOTTON UNDER EDGE on 19-Jul 1823 by banns.

Hope this is the one you are looking for.

Caroline
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Caroline and GFHS. Good enough for me.

Comment

Caroline,

you beat me to it by 5 minutes!!
        ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Originally posted by Meridian Line View Post
          Caroline,

you beat me to it by 5 minutes!!
          Just had to swop the cds over as I had the baptisms in yesterday!!
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks anyway for looking, Louise. Did you see St Mary's RC, Bishopwearmouth get an airing on another thread?

Comment

Working...
            X