FTM 2006 - Copy/paste in notes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2006 - Copy/paste in notes?

I've found some really interesting items in The London Gazette that I would like to incorporate into some part of FTM, either the scrap book or notes but it won't let me copy and paste. Is there a way round this? Or do I have to print it, scan it and insert it as an object?

Thanks
    Sue

You should be able to copy-paste.

Highlight the text you're interested in, and use CTRL-C to copy and CTRL-V to paste.

Comment

I am not sure you can copy and paste from the London Gazette as the image you are looking at is probably presented as an image or pdf file.

You will probably have to type it into the FTM notes.
      Elaine

Comment

I've just tried, and I got pdf files which could be copied, not image files. It doesn't work with some of the older pages, though (I've just tried some 18th-century ones, and they were images).

In those cases you'll have to copy in image format (click on the camera in Acrobat Reader).

With the more recent articles, if you click on "see full notice" instead of "see pdf" you get a transcription in text format, which can always be copied.
        Last edited by Mary from Italy; 17-01-08, 22:28.

Comment

Thanks Elaine and Mary - I'll give it a try!!

Mary, it worked thanks. I'd managed to copy the article OK before but it wouldn't let me paste by right clicking and I can never remember the keyboard 'shortcuts'!!

I think I'll have to write them down somewhere ....

Thanks again
          Last edited by Sue from Southend; 18-01-08, 06:49. Reason: Update on progress!
          Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Sue from Southend View Post

I think I'll have to write them down somewhere ....
            Sue, my daughter has trained me in 'Ctl shortcuts' - being a dunce (me, not her :o), she had to find a way I'd remember it:-

Ctl+C - 'C' is for 'copy'.
            Ctl+V - if you see the V as an arrow pointing down, it's pointing to where you paste the thing you've copied.

Well, I can remember that.

Hope it helps.

Bee.
            Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
            COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Plus Ctrl+X is cut. Think of a pair of scissors.
              Ctrl+S = Save
              Ctrl+O = Open
              Ctrl+P = Print

All of these should appear next to the appropiate item in the drop down menus.
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy

Will try your hints but old habits die hard and right clicking is sooo much easier!! lol
                Sue

Comment

Working...
                X