X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think this is my Mary?

I am trying to find out who the mother was of my William EVANS

Sorry in advance, lol :D

William was born in 1829/30 in St Pancras London. He is NOT a Welsh Evans.

On his marriage cert it states his father was Samuel Evans, potato dealer. He was married in St Giles, Bloomsbury in 1856. It doesn't say his father was deceased, but I am fairly certain I have the death cert for Samuel, he's the poor chap that died of diarrhoea in 1848 after 4 years (Too many spuds?)

Anyway, I managed to find a Samuel who fits the description in 1841 :

Class: HO107; Piece 672; Book: 9; Civil Parish: St George Bloomsbury; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 12; Folio: 35; Page: 64; Line: 2; GSU roll: 438787.

According to the IGI there is a William born to a Samuel & Mary Ann in 1829.

Because he was born before 1837 I thought I might send off for one of the younger children's birth cert to get Mary Ann's maiden name. I am obviously having trouble finding Henry's entry (possibly not reg as not compulsory then) and Mary junior's.

I have found a Mary Evans reg 1839 Dec I 47 Bloomsbury. Do you think there is a good chance that could be her? According to the IGI there was a Mary born 18/11/1839 to the right named parents. Could they have registered her that quickly so that it was included in that quarter?

Any thoughts/ideas appreciated
    Thanks!

Joanie

hi
    sounds to me like the right one

Laura

Comment

Sounds ok to me, babies were often registered within the first couple of weeks of life from what I've found on my certificates and a mid November birth could be registered any time up to end of December to be included.
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

I'd be very tempted to order Mary's birth certificate, seeing as they were in Bloomsbury in 41 (with fathers occupation as a checking reference)
        Vikki -
        Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

I think I will. I have looked into getting the PR fiche through the LDS but from their site it looks like all the St Pancras PR's are indexed for only 2-4 years per fiche, so it could be more expensive than simply sending for a cert. !

Thanks!

Joanie

Comment

Joan, the PR's wouldn't tell you her maiden name anyway, would they? Though they would give Samuel's occupation for you to check against the info you have, but the birth cert will have that too anyway.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Yes I know that Kate, but they may confirm Samuel was the father, so hopefully tie the two together.

Joanie

Comment

Working...
              X