How to view a CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to view a CD?

SKS has sent me a CD. Try as I might, I cannot get this to open - what am I doing wrong, do you think?

I normally just stick a disc in and it opens itself on the screen.

OC

Yes OC that is what I would normally do but sometimes I have to go into my computer and open the CD drive and double click it from there.
    Kathleen

Comment

If it wont open automatically, go to the icon on your desktop which says My Computer (if it's not on your desktop go to Start and it should be a little icon on there.

Once it's opened up locate where your cd drive is and just double click on it - it should start playing for you. (fingers crossed)

Comment

If it's a "home made" CD - I find that they won't play sometimes in my normal CD drive, but will in my CD-writing drive.
        Gillian
        User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

OK, tried all that, it asks me what format I want to read it in and then won't let me!

OC

Comment

Perhaps the version isnt compatible with your pc. Can you contact the people who sent it to you.
            Kathleen

Comment

What's the name of the file(s)? The important part is the extension (ie. the part after the dot, e.g. .doc, .ged, etc.). If you don't have the program in question, you won't be able to read the file.

Comment

I took the CD out, put it back in again - and it opened itself!!!

Panic over. Thanks everyone.

OC

Comment

You didn't put it in upside down first time, did you? (Of course, I have never done that!)
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Well, Kate, I have always wondered if there is a right way up....!

OC

Comment

This is the thing about technology - sometimes you just start again and it goes!
                      ~ with love from Little Nell~
                      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                      X