Opinions needed please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions needed please.

My ggg grandfather William Franklin Levy, was baptised 16/5/1819 St Mary's Chatham, parents Thomas Franklin (a marine) & Elizabeth. I have confirmed this by looking at the PRs on Cityark. I have Thomas & Elizabeth on the 1841 census living in Gravesend. He is down on 1841/51 as being born c 1789 Chatham. I have a baptism for him 11/1/1789 St Mary's Chatham parents Thomas & Jane, again checked on Cityark.
    The problem is that Jan, has found a death on NBI for Thomas Franklin Levy 1/12/1796 St Mary's Chatham and when I checked this out, the record additionally added, son of Thomas & Jane. Thomas & Jane did also have a son called Franklin, bp 12/10/1794, could this death possibly be his instead?
    this situation has totally confused me & I would appreciate anyone's opinions
    Lynn

Does it give his age on the burial record?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

No sadly not. I was hoping it would & that this was the death of the father. As it said, "son of", I assumed it must refer to a child.
      Lynn

Comment

Yes, it would mean he was a child, I just thought if it gave his age then it would say if he was 2 or 7.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Yes I see what you mean, if only it did show the ages, life would be a lot easier.
          Lynn

Comment

Does anyone else have an opinion? i have looked on ancestry & there doesn't seem to be any mention os Franklin Levy c 1794, so the death could well be for him
            Lynn

Comment

I would think that it is possible that it is the burial of the son Franklin. Sadly there is no way of knowing for sure.

If you have exausted all other avenues in your search for Franklin, then I would go with it, but remember to make a note on it, just in case!!!
              Vikki -
              Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Thanks Vikki, that is probably what I will do. Thomas & Jane had 4 boys that I know of and one of the others died in 1800 & his burial is in the prs as well. I will make a note of it though. It would be an easy mistake to make, as the father was called thomas, to add that name before Franklin, particularly if there was another son with that name.
                the Levys have a lovely habit of using the first name of one child as the 2nd of another & it gets a bit confusing.
                Lynn

Comment

Working...
                X