Ancestry corrections emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry corrections emails

They are now sending out thank you emails - not sure if this is just new to me.

I received four this morning for corrections I did before Christmas and I've done tons since then.

So that'll be clogging up my inbox on a daily basis.
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

yes

I too have had them...lots of them :(

I just delete em now,
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

They have been doing then since last October, when I took out a sub.

I read them, because I am quite sad.

OC

Comment

I have had 10 emails today I didn't realise that I had corrected so many
        PAT

Comment

*makes note to self: correct the entry about Joseph Stotter on the 1851 census, because every time I see it, I get excited thinking I have found a new branch of the family*

Beverley

Comment

I suspect it's a result of a marketing questionnaire from ca September. One of the questions was about what would improve the site - I remember we had some discussion here about what we should have replied.

One of the things which was an obvious gap, and which has been easily rectified is the courtesy of acknowledging the fact that subscribers are supplying free proof-reading. It would have been nicer to get a discount on the sub, but at least they've made some sort of an effort.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I had 4 this morning. Only thing is I haven't made any corrections!

Comment

They seem to be quite quick in responding - I got an email about a correction I made only three days ago.
                Jenny

Comment

hi
                  yes me to I had two yesterday and ten today I have since these ones where done done about twenty or more each time I have changed each person and they are big families

Laura

Comment

All the e-mails they're sending me are wrong. They say something like
                    Original Surname: Nunan
                    Corrected Surname: Nunan

when I've corrected the surname to Inman.

Every single one that I've had recently has been like that.

Comment

I get, I check, I delete.....:D

they do get a bit anoying when you have loads, but I suppose its nice to be acknowleged
                      Vikki -
                      Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Working...
                      X