Glos. birth 1830/31, help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glos. birth 1830/31, help please!

I feel very cheeky asking, but could anyone with the disc see if they can find a Henry born to a Martha, born about 1831, and possibly baptised at St. Mary's, Cheltenham.

I've got an older brother John Alexander bp 2nd July 1830 ( probably born 1829), to William & Martha Alexander.

Martha has managed to reduce me to a drivelling heap over the years, she had 11 children with at least 5 different fathers(I've found baptisms for most!), and although she actually married William Alexander, I now think that Henry might not be William's, so may have been baptised with another surname.

I've got a print out of all the Alexander baptisms in Glos. for that time, and Henry to Martha isn't there.

If anyone can help, it might save my sanity!
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Meridian Line; 15-01-08, 18:38.
    ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

louise google gloucester births 1831 cheltenham brenda xxx

Comment

have you tried the lds site and put a search in there brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
        have you tried the lds site and put a search in there brenda xxx
        I don't think St Mary's Cheltenham is on the IGI. :o

Comment

Thanks Bren,
          lds doesn't have Cheltenham for the relevent dates, plus, I'm not sure what surname Henry would be under, because he's not there as Henry Alexander.
          ~ Louise ~

Comment

From Genuki:

Please note that after 1812, St. Mary's [Cheltenham] registers are held at St. Matthew's Church Office.

To consult them, apply to : St. Matthew's Church Office, Clarence Street, Cheltenham, GL50 3PL. Tel : (01242) 519520. Please note however there is a statutory fee. At the date of writing (March 1999) this is set at £13 per hour.

Obviously this info may now be out of date.

Comment

Thanks Merry,
              for £16.50 I can buy the disc for all of Glos., but I've already got the marriage & burial ones, & I'm hoping someone else might have the baptisms....bit cheeky I know, but I was hoping to avoid paying out for one look up.
              ~ Louise ~

Comment

Where did you get the cd's from? I might want them!

Comment

I wonder if anyone is going to Gloucester Records Office over the next few days and could spare you some of their time. Its Ironic, but last Tuesday I was there looking at the marriages for St Mary's between 1833 and 1835, as I'd already got the baptisms of families from 1834 to 1858 at St Mary's sometime last year.
                  David

I
                  Don't always claim to be right, but I'm never wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                    I don't think St Mary's Cheltenham is on the IGI. :o

i meant the latter day saints family search brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
                      i meant the latter day saints family search brenda xxx
                      So did I!!

Comment

For those who weren't aware, GFHS do an excellent set of cds for those of us that can't get to the RO.

GFHS Publications
                        ~ Louise ~

Comment

Working...
                        X