Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have an idea on the date of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an idea on the date of these?

I know what family they are and they were taken in Burton on Trent, but nothing else.

Last edited by Margaret in Burton; 16-01-08, 04:15.

first one early 1900,s 2nd one1890/5

Comment

Have you looked for the photographers ... H. H. Dudley and G. Renwick on the censuses ?

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Oooooo look here's George Renwick .... haven't read any of it yet .... but this came up when I googled

Derbyshire Photographers Profiles : George Renwick of Burton-on-Trent

oh well he operated a photographers studio from 1876 - 1916 ... not much help then ....
        Last edited by Rachel Scand; 15-01-08, 15:33.
        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hi Rachel

Yes they were both long established photographers in Burton.

Comment

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
            first one early 1900,s 2nd one1890/5

I'm hoping they were a little earlier than that Bren. I have a thought who they were but those dates would get me nowhere

Comment

You really need Don or Barbara ....
              Barbara's light is out at the moment ....
              so in the meantime, have you looked here ....

Date an Old Photograph

Comment

Hi, your lady and her children appear to date from the early 20th century, the general style of the photo as well as things like her hair do' and the little boys wooly suit put it about 1905 I think if Don sees it he is the best as he knows the most...:D. Your gentleman appears to be wearing a suit that was meant to just fasten at the top button, I think that makes him late 1870s but I'm going for another look...

Comment

yes, I think his sack suit dates from the late 1870s.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Barbara View Post
                    yes, I think his sack suit dates from the late 1870s.
                    Thanks Barbara

The person who I think it is moved to Burton in 1875 and worked as a clerk on the railway

I think this is the same person

I shall have to look again at the other one.

Comment

what do you reckon to this being the same lady as the one with the children?

Last edited by Margaret in Burton; 15-01-08, 20:38. Reason: put them on the same page

Comment

Reversed and straightened a bit .........
                        she looks very similar

Comment

Oooh Rachel

How do you do that? I'm useless with photo imaging.

Comment

What a, erm, sensual photo that is...her skirt has been tucked underneath her and the outline of her legs is clearly visible - wonder whose idea THAT was, lol!

Very unlike anything I have seen from a similar era - doesn't look as if she is wearing any PETTICOATS!

(Sorry, not helpful I know)

OC

Comment

I think perhaps these two are the same man

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                                What a, erm, sensual photo that is...her skirt has been tucked underneath her and the outline of her legs is clearly visible - wonder whose idea THAT was, lol!
                                Very unlike anything I have seen from a similar era - doesn't look as if she is wearing any PETTICOATS!(Sorry, not helpful I know)OC
                                Goodness ! all I noticed was that she doesn't appear to be wearing corsets

Margaret .... what's this ? is it for wiping feet on ?

The man in the 2 pics (post 15) do look very similar ...
                                far more handsome with the moustache

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 16-01-08, 09:49.

Comment

a quick crop and reverse ... for comparison

Comment

margaret i dont think they are as one has side parting and the other center parting and it would be hard to change hairstyle parting,noses completely differnt as one is very pointed
                                    the 2 ladies one has a pointier chin so i dont think they are the same brenda xxx

Comment

After a discussion with the guy who sent me the photos he has sent another of a little girl.
                                      We think it could be the same girl as in the photo with mum and brother which would make it a different person to who I thought it was. But we think we know who the little girl is in the photo on her own so could then identify mum and brother.

This is her, what do you think?

the same family. The little girl above would be the one on the right of this one. The boy in the one with mum would then be the boy at the back of this one.

Last edited by Margaret in Burton; 16-01-08, 13:33. Reason: added another pic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post

Margaret .... what's this ? is it for wiping feet on ?

Don't know LOL

It was her wedding day, couldn't have mucky feet could she.

Comment

Working...
                                        X