Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many different trees can I have on my FTM at on time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many different trees can I have on my FTM at on time?

My FTM currently has my tree and also 3 partial trees sent by contacts. Thanks to the brilliant response on the Generation Game, I now have another 4 gedcoms & I wanted to make sure that they can all go on my FTM at the same time. Does anyone know if there is a limit?
    Last edited by Lynn The Forest Fan; 15-01-08, 06:54.
    Lynn

There is no limit as to the number of trees you can have - they are purely data files just like any other file you have on your computer.
    Just remember to name them differently!
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, that is a relief, as I don't want to lose the info.
      Lynn

Comment

So does this mean that FTM would be good for storing several different trees of a one named study?
        Would you be able to send a link to the tree?
        At the moment I have put 6 trees which have no connection apart from the surname on to tribal pages.
        I have put the info on the home page but to access them you have to trawl through the list of names.
        Many repeat eg, 7 John Brewerton 1820s so its difficult to find out which tree they belong to.
        Many thanks
        Jeanie
        If it's to be, it's up to me.
        Searching for:
        English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Jeanie - you can have as many different trees as you wish on FTM providing of course they have different file names. There are purely data files, the same as files with a .doc extension are data files for Word.

Don't understand your question ....
          Would you be able to send a link to the tree?
          Send a link from where?

You say you have put information on the home page - which home page - are you talking about a Family Tree Maker home page, created through the program. If you are then you can only upload one Family Tree Maker file (tree) on to the home page. If you try to upload a second it will overwrite the first.

If I have misunderstood the question then please say so!
          Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine,
            I am trying to carryout a one named study. I have several trees and bits of trees on paf. I have now put them on to A One Named Study : Brewerton - Family Tree for Brewerton, Bruton, Broughton, Bruerton, Brereton and 237 other surnames. .
            As you can see, on the home page I have listed the 6 main trees.
            However, you cannot click on to one of them to take you to its tree.
            You have to go into the index and trawl through the names. Since people have moved all over the country it can be quite difficult to see which tree they belong to.
            I have never seen FTM but was hoping that there was a way of preserving each tree separately so that it can be searched seperatly. I think from what you have said that this is not possible.
            Last edited by Jeanie with one n.; 22-01-08, 08:34.
            If it's to be, it's up to me.
            Searching for:
            English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Working...
            X