Death Duty Registers - QUEEN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Duty Registers - QUEEN!

I'm using my new FMP subscription to search the Death Duty Registers.

I thought I would start with my Quintrells, as they are easy because there aren't many entries under Q.

I'm on the page for 1822 and there is an entry under

Queen

(in the surname column)

It is Her Most Excellent Majesty Caroline Amelia Elizabeth, Consort of His Most Excellent Majesty George the Fourth.

It stands out a lot because it's a lot longer entry than anyone else's!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Certainly not the average length of name!

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hm. George IV didn't think Caroline was excellent. He forbade her to attend the Coronation and did his best to divorce her.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

That's the trouble with arranged marriages - they don't have to like each other!!!!!

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
        X