X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real brick wall!! Scotland

Hi all,

Thought i'd throw it your way!!

Have been on the scotfamtree.......found some leads but now run dry.

Cant find any birth for......John Davidson b1850 Barony Lanarkshire.....(parents m1850..John Davidson..b1830troon.....Annabella Ogilvie Armstrong..b1830 Census states lanark).

or Birth for...Annabella Ogilvie..b1830...(parents on her death cert...Thomas Armstrong.....Margaret Ogilvie....but no marriage found!!).

Where and what do i do now please??

Lynne

well our experts will,you see you will be answered quick there worth there weight in gold here,all the best brenda xxx

Comment

Hi Brenda

That't what I'm hopeing! Shhhhhhhhhh!

Need to add Margaret Ogilvie have worked back and have her parents.

Lynne

Comment

Have you already tried on Family Search and on Scotland's People?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I'm not having any Joy on family search.... will keep looking
          With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Hi KiteRunner,

Yes I have,

SP is where I have got a lot of my info plus SFT have had a dabble, have found Margaret Ogilvie+siblings on family Search.

Comment

Lynne, have you looked at the OPR entry for John Davidson and Annabella Ogilivie Armstrong's marriage (23 Jun 1850 at Barony) to see if there is any extra info on that?
              KiteRunner

Comment

Lynne, have you looked at the OPR entry for John Davidson and Annabella Ogilivie Armstrong's marriage (23 Jun 1850 at Barony) to see if there is any extra info on that?

Names, no parents on it, Both residing in Barony, and he was a Land Surveyor.

nothing more (how thoughtless!!)

Lynne

Comment

The only thing that comes to mind is that they have some records at NAS (National Archives of Scotland) that aren't on Scotland's People, so you could try that.
                  The National Archives of Scotland Home Page
                  KiteRunner

Comment

Thank's KiteRunner, i will try it and let you know if i find any thing.

Regards

Lynne

Comment

Hmmm, unfortunately for birth and marriage records you would have to go to Edinburgh to look, though. But maybe there will be something listed online on that site that isn't a birth or marriage.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

I have you thought about the deaths 1855 to 1957 remember add 1 year on as some times they make mistake
                        The parish register marriages I have one from 1833 and 1 from 1854 no info but date of marriage and area so not worth opening up
                        Last edited by val666; 15-01-08, 15:56.

Comment

One final thought - have you looked through the index of wills on SP? Often the index entry gives lots of info. for free before you shell out your fiver to view.
                          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks for your advice.

I have looked on SP at Wills+ but did'nt find anything!!

As i'm in Cheshire and am not planning any trip to Scotland, This is a big brick wall that will have to stay put!

Warm regards to all.

Lynne
                            Last edited by Never ending journey; 17-01-08, 13:50. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Working...
                            X