Oh gawd, another mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh gawd, another mystery

Following on from the failure to find the birth cert of Beatrice E Horstead c 1896 Rotherhithe - we now have what I believe is her sister's death BUT again I cant find a birth cert!

BMD Register , BMD, Name: Elinor, Irene Caroline
    Record Type: Deaths
    Age at death: 3
    Quarter: December
    Year: 1895
    District: St Olave Southwark
    County: London Surrey

Here she is!

Births Mar 1892

Eleanor Irena Caroline St Olave 1d 314

Comment

Oh blimey, you clever kid - Eleanor??? Ohh, I wonder if Beatrice has been mistransed aswell - you ARE clever.

DOH, No, sign of Beatrice Eleanor :(

Hmm Beatrice E - her likely mum is Emily so is gran, I wonder if ............... I bet not, Ill just have a look in case they swopped it round for convenience with 3 Emilys in the house.
      Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 14-01-08, 16:02.

Comment

Well, just to update you - I still havent found the birth cert but by trawling every rotten kid born with the name Towler in a possible span I found a birth with mother mmn Elinor in Greenwich in 1925. I had such a headache after that I was going to restart a trawl for the marriage today BUT some kind soul on GR turned up the marriage in 1921 in Greenwich and what ??? Beatrice/Jenny is given as Ellen J B Elinor!!! Still havent found the birth cert this morning though but Ill send for the marriage.

Comment

Working...
        X