Locating Graves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locating Graves

Hi. I know the Churchyard my Ancestor was buried in back in 1911. I can't find a Gravestone and I'm not sure if there ever was one. I would appreciate any advice on how I go about locating his Grave. Many thanks.
    Dawn

Originally posted by DeeSpangle View Post
    Hi. I know the Churchyard my Ancestor was buried in back in 1911. I can't find a Gravestone and I'm not sure if there ever was one. I would appreciate any advice on how I go about locating his Grave. Many thanks.

go to the office at the church they have numbers of all graves and can tell you exactly where there burried even if no head stone,even the vicar will have bdm brenda xxx

Comment

Thank you Brenda. I will give them a call next week.
      Dawn

Comment

Hi,

If it is in a churchyard, then you can possibly get a copy of the burial record from the achives or local studies library.

If it is in a cemetery, you will need to contact the local councils cemeteries dept. They should then be able to help you further.

hope this helps
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you Julie. It is in a Churchyard so I shall bear your advice in mind if I get no joy from contact with the Church Office - I have actually just emailed them.

By the way, a couple of roads away from me is a property called "Wuthering Heights" where Kate Bush use to live!
          Dawn

Comment

most churches have the numbers of the grave if you can ask the vicar if you can see the death register then he will help you we did this,also you can ask the council if they have the death registerd,but the number of the grave will be in the church register were they were burried.brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by DeeSpangle View Post
              Thank you Julie. It is in a Churchyard so I shall bear your advice in mind if I get no joy from contact with the Church Office - I have actually just emailed them.

By the way, a couple of roads away from me is a property called "Wuthering Heights" where Kate Bush use to live!
              LOL!!

I do like her Music... alot.. (as you can probbly tell from my pic!!) ;)

Have been a fan for ohhhhh... yrs (at least 29)

her "hounds of love" has to the be the best album...
              Julie

Comment

Thanks Brenda. I have emailed the Church tonight I'll see what they come back with. There is a website about the Church and Nature Reserve it is quite interesting, particularly about the Anchorite's Cell, if you or anyone else fancies a peek ...

St Mary Magdalene
                Last edited by DeeSpangle; 14-01-08, 00:35.
                Dawn

Comment

Julie, I've been a fan for too many years lol! I agree "hounds of love" was the best Album, I have it on one of those ancient round black thingys! lol
                  Dawn

Comment

Ohhhh

same as me then, although I do have a few on cd now, gradually replacing the old Vynyl ;)
                    Julie

Comment

Working...
                    X