• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone read this please

census 1901 RG13/2311 Hemington, Somerset

- Ancestry.com

don't know if link will work but it ancestry.com

Anyway problem is I can read Walter Beachim -first line and Samuel -second line and I know Samuel is grandson but can't read surname. 1891 & 1881 census just have Samuel or Sam (grandson) but no surname listed.

Have to run for a wee bit (company coming) but will check in later.

thanks
    Deb

I though Burn as transcribed but couldn't see any likely candidates on BMD, but I did find

Samuel Vigor Bune 1872 OND Frome Somerset

would fit
    Last edited by vikki brace; 13-01-08, 19:47.
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Burns? Bunn?
      Pam

Comment

Oooo just seen, if you search for Samuel V Bune, it brings up the same census image as someone has submitted a correction
        Vikki -
        Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

looks like Bune to me - although the end isn't clear

Is he consistent with Halifax as place of birth? There's not a huge number of Samuels born 1872 +/-1 year in halifax reg district

and are there any daughters who's marriages we can look for to find possibilities for a husband?
          Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

oooh - well done Vicki
            Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

I'd say Saml V Burn(e)

hope it helps

Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

sorry didn't get back on last night dany company didn't leave til late but Vikki, Zoe & Julie that helps somewhat now to see if I can match to parent.
                There was a daughter of Walter Beacham (Mary) who disappears 1861 census but then there's Hannah who also may be Sam's Mum but I think she married a Sidney Pepler. Could also be my Ann Beacham (she is OH's direct line). Anyway all the daughters had middle name Vigor as their mother was Sarah Vigor Beacham. Guess I'll have to find a Bune that works into this. Thanks for your help

Comment

Samuel Vigor Bune

Hi Deb,
                  I have just seen your posting on this.
                  I am pretty certain that Samuel Vigor Bune was the illegitimate son of Anne Vigor Beauchamp and Frederick Bune. They were both working at The Hall at Ickworth for the Marquis of Bristol in 1871.
                  If you put in Fredrick Bune in Ancestry for 1871 census (without an e in the middle) it will come up. Ann is on the second page.
                  The name seems to have various spellings.
                  Ann Vigor Beachim was born in 1850 and was the daughter of Walter and Sarah. She appears in the 1851 census as Ann Vigor Beacham. The family lived in Buckland Somerset. I do not know frederick knew about Samuel.
                  Frederick Bune went on to marry Mary Smith and have 9 children that I know of and Samuel married Kate Sawyer in 1901 and they had 6 children.
                  My interest in the Bunes is through my Aunt's husband who was a Berkshire Bune.
                  I have a one name study which is on tribal pages at
                  Bune Families - Family Tree for Bune, Dennis, Rivers, Wise, Bunce and 72 other surnames.
                  If you have any information on Bunes that you could share with me I would be grateful.
                  Regards
                  Debs

Comment

Working...
                  X