Diana Dunn 1844 Staffs on 1891 and 1901 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diana Dunn 1844 Staffs on 1891 and 1901 census

The info I have is Diana Dunn born 1844, bap 24 Nov 1844 Kinver Staffs, daughter of Samuel Dunn and Diana Bott. She is the sister of my GG Grandfather so don't have any certs for her. I cant find her on 1891 or 1901.

Info I have 1861 in Kimberworth Yorks with Parents.

1863 informant on mother D C.

1864 marries James Bott.

1871 James and Diana (transcribed Batt) in Thornaby Yorks with daughter Jane Diana (1868- 1871).

1874 Informant on Fathers DC as Diana Bott

1881 James and KATE D Bott with her sister Emma Dunn and neice Nina, Thornaby

1891 James with Edith A Dillon adopted daughter and visitor Annie L Burton both 17 in Thornaby

1901 James Bott (Batt) on his own in Eaglescliff Durham.

Only death I can find is Kate D Bott Sep 1907 Stockton.

Can anyone find her in 1891 and 1901?

Thanking you for being patient and reading through all of this.

Lin
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Are we looking for Diana Bott or Diana Dunn. Have you tried Dinah instead. Sorry I am confused!

Comment

Hi Kim

Diana Dunn was her maiden name and Diana Bott was her married name.

I have looked under Bott with no first name and not come up with anything significant and also Diana with no surname.

Lin
      Lin

Comment

I'm wondering about James' adopted daughter Edith Dillon? Who was she and why did he adopt her?
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Lin

I see that Edith is mistranscribed as "Delton" in 1891.

I cannot find any females born 1844-6 in Kinver, Staffs on the 1891 census.

Sorry!

Comment

Little Nell

I have tried to find her before but no sucess. I have just had another look and can't find anything about her. There is an Edith E Dillon but she is on all the census with parents.

Lin
            Lin

Comment

Haven't found anythiny yet am still huntin...;)

Comment

Thank you Kim and Nell

Do you think that is her death in 1907. I can't find another one.

She's probably living with some one under his name!!

Lin
                Lin

Comment

There is a Kate Dillon widow in 1891 ..... but can't get ancestry to open it ...

Something curious going on

Comment

Kim

The only one I can find is born in Ireland, is that the one you have seen.

You've set me thinking, you don't think he was living with Mrs Dillon and she died and Edith was her daughter. Even so where was Edith on 1881 census.

Lin
                    Lin

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                      Thank you Kim and Nell

Do you think that is her death in 1907. I can't find another one.

She's probably living with some one under his name!!

Lin
                      It is possible, I have one woman living as wife to mr A, while her real husband mr B is still claiming to be married to her, She took Mr A's name but didn't marry him for approx 12 years, until Mr B died
                      Vikki -
                      Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Lin , looks like a right can of worms .... Think could go round in circles with this one. Maybe he had a thing with Mrs Dillon and ended up having to bring up his/her daughter so his wife left him and assumed another name... Who knows? doesn't explain why you can't find any of them though!

Comment

Hi Kim and Vikki

I don't think we are going to find her easily. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything obvious.

I've just been lookin to see if I can find a marriage of James Bott to Miss/Mrs Dillon. Nothing is coming up.

I think when I have bought all my direct descendants certs I will have to try for Kate D Botts death cert and see who registered her death. Probably some hospital porter!!

Anyway thanks for all your help. Another brick wall to go back for another day.

Thanks again

Lin
                          Lin

Comment

May be a clue in occupation James - Conductor and adoptee Edith is music teacher? Closest I got was Edith A Wilson a pupil in Devon in 1881

Leaving this for now as no further forward!

Will have another look tomorrow!

?Where dose the Kate bit come from she did not start out as Kate?

Comment

Just a thought: some interesting entries on the IGI as Diana's mother was Diana Bott who married Samuel Dunn, there is also on freebmd a Diana Bott marrying a Thomas Dunn.... Keeping it all in the family....

Bye for now

Comment

The age at death of the Kate D Bott reg.istered Sep 1907 is roughly the same as YOUR Diana and it says in the index Kate Diana Bott, so I would be inclined to risk £7 if only for elimination purposes.

But I am curious about why we can't find her in 1891 and 1901. Maybe she was a long-term patient in an institution? She might have been just indexed with her initials (possibly with or without Kate!) and the person filling in the form wouldn't necessarily have known her birthplace.

Comment

Hi

Thanks to Nell and Kim. I don't know where Diana got the Kate bit from. If her sister hadn't been living with her I would probably have dismissed it.

I think James' occupation was contractor as he was a builder who was employing people on the census before.

I will think about sending for the death cert as I am now sure we have tried all routes to find her.

I have just tried Bott no christian name and yourshire and no age and nothing is coming up with initials.

I am at work today so can't reply but thanks.

Lin
                                  Lin

Comment

On holiday in Brixham K D Bott Class: RG12; Piece: 1709; Folio 21; Page 4; GSU roll: 6096819.???

Do you think this is her gone fishing?

Comment

1901 think she may be in Farnham as Kathleen D Batt as ref RG13; Piece: 614; Folio: 93; Page: 14. As the same place of birth as Whittington Worcestershire originally Staffs. unless barking up wrong tree.;)

Comment

Just looked on multimaps and Whittington/Kinver v close together so am Hoping mystery is now solved

Comment

Working...
                                        X