Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we should start our own 'Oscars'.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we should start our own 'Oscars'.

And as the most valuable and consistent contributor I nominate Don.t:p
    Paul Barton, Special Agent

Hear my themetune on http://www.turnipnet.com/radio/dickbarton.wav

I'm afraid this event has been cancelled due to the ongoing writers strike.
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

But I did listen to the Dick Barton Music and that took me back a few years and the discussions on the school bus the next morning!! Brilliant.

Janet

Comment

Sorry, I need more notice of this event, I have to plan my outfit and get my hair done!
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

and I would need false nails and she gets very booked up
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

And we've not even decided how many categories -

best supporting person
            best decipherer
            most depraved ancestor
            most shocking revelation

Comment

Quickest lookuperer

Comment

* eagerly awaits*
                Most forgetfull member?

Comment

*eagerly awaits*
                  Member who says the silliest things :o

Comment

For the most depraved ancestor category, can I nominate 4g-grandma Rebecca, with her four children before marriage, by at least three (possibly four, as we can't find the baptism record of the fourth) different fathers?
                    Michael, aged 1/4 of a century

Comment

Lol......The slowest learner of genealogy :D :D

psst.................i think it must be ME..............Lol

Jacky xx :D
                      Jacky

Comment

Now if I'd known this might be happening, I could have bought that bargain dress in Bicester Village on Thursday. It was only £199, marked down from £2,680. Mind you, it was short, so probably not suitable.

And then there was that rather nice handbag. That was only £625 instead of £995. (As my OH remarked - I tend not to go for those sorts of bags, because I feel the contents should be worth more than the container!)

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

*rushes off excitedly to get mink out of storage and tiara out of the bank vault*

*practices acceptance speech in front of mirror*

DAAAAAHLINGS>>>> this is SUCH an unexpected honour....I owe it AAAAAALL to you - the LITTLE man and woman.....

*cries fetchingly*

OC

Comment

You're "holden" nothin' back then, OC?

Christine
                            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine

LOL!

OC

Comment

Sorry, OC! I just couldn't resist it! ;)

Christine

Comment

I'd like to thank my mum, dad, agent, cat, great-great-great-uncle, third cousin twice removed... and numerous helpful FTF members of course...

I would NOT like to thank the various rellies who lied about their names, ages or both on censuses, hid in a cave somewhere on census night, got married in totally unexpected places, or tried all manner of other tricks to confuse anyone trying to research them.
                                  Michael, aged 1/4 of a century

Comment

I'd like to dedicate my award to all those people who bravely transcribed records without reward...

Comment

can I nominate one for the worst recorded record found

and can they get a wooded pen

Laura

Comment

I can offer nominations for the finest writing on a certificate and for the fattest pen used to fill in a census form.
                                        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                                        X