No announcement yet.

Help with sending a PAF gedcom please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with sending a PAF gedcom please.

Hi,

Can someone please explain to me how I can send just one family line on a gedcom please.

I have been at it for nearly 2 hours now and still none the wiser!

I am using PAF, I want to send Elisha Lee b1717, and all his descendants and their spouce's, right up to the present day to my 3rd cousin. Which in total is a total of 1,092 names.

She dosn't need any other family names, just the Lee line. We have been doing our tree together for the past 3 years, but her computer crashed and she lost all her work from the past 18 months as she hadn't backed it up since then.

I have been trying to follow the PAF help, but I've been getting in such a muddle.

This is what I have done so far....
    gone to 'Export gedcom'
    clicked the 'partial'
    then clicked 'select',
    then clicked on his name 'Elisha Lee'
    then on the relationship filter clicked 'all descendent related'

this is where I lose it.... I have no idea what 'combine filters using' means, or 'field filter define' or 'filtered list'

I have tried all sorts of ways and saved it into my documents ready to email off to her, but each time I end up with my whole tree gedcom which is 3,844 names... which she doesn't want... or need.

any help appreciated.

Sandra

Hi Sandra,
    Mary has put a very easy guide to PAF in the wiki.
    Search under Personal Ancestral File
    Regards
    Jeanie
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Thank you so much Jeanie. I didn't even think to look on the wiki.

I have just had a look and followed Mary's very clear instructions, and done it!

I was almost there. Thanks again.

Sandra

Comment

Ooh, well done, Sandra, you're the first guinea pig to try out the instructions

I was thinking of adding some more screenshots - do you think they'd be useful, or just clutter up the page?

Comment

Working...
        X