Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TISCALI/NORTON e mail spam - anyone else experience of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TISCALI/NORTON e mail spam - anyone else experience of this?

Tiscali have added an icon on their e mail which allows you to report an e mail as spam. It then goes, slowly, into the spam folder.

I get a lot of these (not caught by Norton In. Sec. package bought through Tiscali). Since adding this spam icon, I can no longer use the 'block sender' icon which has been removed to the spam folder. In order to block, I have to open the mail.

A friend advised I should not have to delete everything in my spam folder. So I've left them. Now in the hundreds...

QU: 1. Should I report to Tiscali the amount of Spam not being recognised by Norton software?

2. Do I have to delete all the spam mails in the spam folder or can they be left for eternity?

3. Should I block all the spam by opening them in the spam folder?

I do have painful hands and dread that task if the answer to No 2 is yes...

Been opening my mail via the Tiscali website rather than Outlook because until recently I could block without opening in the In folder.

Does this make sense? Thanks for any advice. I have to stay with Tiscali as I have a website. Liz

PS Back in about 2 hrs.
    Liz

I'm not with Tiscali, so I don't know much about this particular situation, but I would think that if you look carefully there will be an option somewhere to delete everything in the Spam folder at once. I would be surprised if there isn't.

I think most ISP's do delete stuff from the Spam folder automatically after a certain amount of time, but if too much builds up in there then they might say you have reached your inbox limit so if there is an option to delete it all in one go (after looking at the list to make sure there's nothing in there that isn't spam!) then I should think it would be worth doing.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks KR If I do select all to delete, it selects the whole web page and doesn't select the individual items. Will go back and explore some more. Liz

UPDATE: Thoroughly searched and couldn't find anything to delete the lot in one go. Have e mailed Tiscali Support for advice. Thanks. Liz
      Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 11-01-08, 11:52.
      Liz

Comment

I have an old account with Tiscali. It's webmail and is bombarded with spam. They don't seem to filter it unless you pay.
        Blocking senders is waste of time as the return addresses are fake.
        You can select all by clicking the topmost box above the first mail.
        Googlemail and Yahoo are far better.

You can also recieve your Tiscali mail (and others) through GMail. I just re-routed my Tiscali account to check and it binned over 100 junk mails.

Bob
        Last edited by Chipesh; 11-01-08, 16:20.
        I am never wrong. I once thought I was wrong but I was wrong.

Comment

Thanks Bob. I can't change from Tiscali cos I have a website. Couldn't cope. Will get my pal (when he next comes) who helps me with the website to also help me with Gmail.

I do pay for Norton via Tiscali.

Liz
          Liz

Comment

You don't have to change. You can download e-mails into G-mail from other accounts. I am with blueyonder (Virgin) and can read them, my Gmail, and Tiscali mail from G-mail.
            You can leave you current email software (outlook express etc ) as it is.
            Doesn't affect that.
            It's easy peasy and the spam filters are the best.
            Bob

Comment

Bob - Is G-mail the same as Google mail? If not, how do you access it? Thanks Liz
              Liz

Comment

Yes it's the same. (There was a dispute over the name).
                It should be at the top of the Google page or under "more".
                Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob. Will be brave and have a go. Thanks to folk on here holding my hand, I have gone up another rung on the techno ladder. Liz
                  Liz

Comment

Update, Bob. Now got an e mail account and add. for Google Mail. Used one of my 3 tiscali e mail addresses as the secondary e mail add. Will only mail from that secondary address go into the google mail?

I have two other e mail addresses with Tiscali. Thanks...getting there...Liz
                    Liz

Comment

No you can get mail from more than one account it will get mail from google and Tiscali. In settings / accounts you have "send mail as" accounts and "get mail from" accounts.
                      You can send mail from Gmail as if it were from Tiscali or Google mail.
                      If you have set you spammy email to google the spam should be in the spam folder.
                      Check it all by sending mails to yourself from Tiscali.

Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob for your patience. Will have a go. Liz
                        Liz

Comment

Working...
                        X