RAF Service Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAF Service Records

Finally decided to send off for my fathers RAF service records and I went on to the Veterans UK website to download the relevent forms. I have just noticed that the address to send to has changed. Don't know how long ago this happened and perhaps you all already know, but just in case you don't the addresses for RAF records are now as follows:

From Current/Former RAF Personnel.
    A Subject Access Request (SAR) form needs to be completed and sent to:

RAF DPA SAR Section
    Room 220
    Trenchard Hall
    RAF Cranwell
    Sleaford
    LINCS
    NG34 8HB

01400 261201
    Ext 8175
    Ext 8172
    Ext 8173

and

From Family Members and Other Authorised Individuals
    A Certificate of Kinship form needs to be completed and sent to:

RAF Disclosures Section
    Room 221b
    Trenchard Hall
    RAF Cranwell
    Sleaford
    LINCS
    NG34 8HB

01400 261201
    Ext 6711
    Ext 8161/8159 (Officers)
    Ext 8163/8168/8170 (Other ranks

Linda
    LindaG

Has it been checked that the Wiki is up to date?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Saw on the news in last few days that

RAF Innsworth (where the records were) is being taken over by NATO so that's probably why they've moved and also why its taking so long to get confirmation of service for my clients. (they used to be so quick)

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
      X