Help using MS Access please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help using MS Access please

I have now started using Access and am making good progress with transferring the records of our One Name Society from an outdated spreadsheet. I now have a table of records in the 'table view' and a form for each record in 'form view'. So far so good, its working well.

My problem is this:

How do I move easily from the record on the table to the same record on a form? I have found that you can type in the number at the bottom left where it says "36 of 85 records" BUT the number of records is not the same as the ID number (I made some errors to start with!) and also not the same as the membership number (there are some numbers missing).

What I would like to do is click on a record in the table and have it take me directly to the form belonging to that record. I'm sure there must be a way. I have looked on Access help forums but they are so technical they might as well be talking in Outer Mongolian!

Anne

Hi Anne

Did you use the Wizard to create a form from your table?

Comment

Hi Anne

Did you use the Wizard to create a form from your table? You could do a "search" field

Comment

Thanks for replying. Yes I did use a form wizard. I had aready thought about a search but it seemed cumbersome for something so simple!!

:o:o I seem to have found the answer though. In concentrating on the forms I hadn't noticed that each record (of course!) has the same "35 of 84 records" box on the table as well. Silly me - all I have to do is look at that number and type it in the box on the form view. What a dimwit - its taken me all day to see that :D

Anne

Comment

Glad you're sorted. Any probs give me a shout if you want.

Comment

Working...
          X