Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date and time going wrong on PC

Hi all, and Happy New Year,

Hope someone might be able to shed some light, please.

Over the last two/three months, every say three weeks or so I have noticed that the time on my desktop is wrong. I have gone into Control Panel and corrected the time – the date has shown as the previous day.

Today at about 16.30, it showed 21.16 on 8 January.

Could someone tell me, please, is this an ominous sign of something general going wrong?

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Carol

Could it be the battery on the motherboard is getting flat?
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for responding. Sorry for delay - was off cooking dinner.

I'm afraid I hadn't realised there was a battery associated with the motherboard. Is it something one can access, or is it a professional job, please?

Should be most grateful for any further advice you can offer.

Carol

Hi again Wendy,

Thank you for diagnosing the problem for me. I hadn't known about the battery. Have now studied the Owner's Manual and, when I feel brave, will tackle replacing the battery.

Grateful thanks again for pointing me in the right direction - there's so much I don't know about computers!

Warmest best wishes,
      Carol
      Last edited by Carol Bird; 09-01-08, 19:48. Reason: Update

Comment

Another thing to check is your time zone (found in the clock settings). Make sure it is set to where you live as I believe that from winxp onwards the clock is sync'd with a time server and if you have the wrong time zone this may cause the clock to adjust (win default is somewhere in the usa).

BJ

Comment

Working...
        X